Chapter V: Loss of Family

They ran for miles and miles and Zarec was getting tired until they reached Lovstofe,Joress looked around and saw what happened to the town. "Who or what did this..?" Joress saw people crying and trying to fix the destroyed buildings and trying to extinguish fires,he saw what was once a building that burnt to the ground,he rushed over there and started digging,Zarec was confused at first until he realized what Joress was holding.It was a photo with him and two girls..one an adult woman and one a teenage girl..he then realized Joress lost his wife and daughter...during the attack of the party and even the city. "Who..." Joress clenched his fist,then he stood up and turned to Zarec. "WHO DID THIS?!" He could see tears rolling down Joress's cheeks. "Relax,Jore-" "I WANT ANSWERS,YOU BASTARD!" He stormed up to Zarec and grabbed him by his tunic,the fury burning in his eyes and sadness engulfed his soul..he couldn't think straight..the thought of his family dead brought fury into his heart. "Relax,Joress..it was demons..pig demons or something.." "PIG demons?Don't tug my hair,jackwad." Joress is pretty pissed and obviously clueless,however Zarec wasn't somehow afraid."I'm speaking the truth,Joress—had I be lying,you wouldn't be standing here grieving for your family's death-" Joress throws a punch at Zarec,knocking him back into the burnt floor after Joress releases him,his jaw now aching with pain.Joress walks to check the master bedroom,where he and his wife once slept.Zarec can hear loud and aggressive shuffling,not before long Joress bursts out of the room,panicking. "It's missing." Joress says,gripping onto the door frame,almost crushing it. "What is?" Zarec manages to get up,rubbing his jaw where the pain still stings. "My family heirloom.It's missing." Joress quickly tried checking every part of the house that wasn't burnt down in search of his heirloom,however having no luck finding it,he slams himself against the wall and slides down to the floor. "Oh gods...oh gods...it's gone..missing." Zarec walks over,a bruise on his cheek where Joress punched him appeared. "What was your heirloom?Maybe we'll find-" "WE?!Listen,I don't know you.." He looked up at Zarec with teary,red,puffy eyes. "And I don't know you but I'm not complaining.You're important for a mission we're on-" "There,you said we again!Why am I,some miner,important to someone like you?!" Joress's face scrunches up to make an annoyed expression. "You're the descendant of the Swordsman,are you not?" Joress's face lit up,staring at Zarec dumbfoundedly.

(sorry for not finishing this up,been getting sidetracked and busy,but here's the fifth chapter I should've finished a long time ago!)