Chapter 4: First Day at West Sydney High

Skyler's POV:

It's now Monday, also known as the first day of school. I woke up around 5:30 am, and school started at 8 am. I got a quick shower done, and then picked my outfit. I finished it with some makeup, mainly, mascara, eyeliner, foundation, concealer, and white eyeshadow. My outfit was a black crop top, and some white skinny jeans. When I finished it was about 7 am. I made a small breakfast for myself, which was basically vanilla greek yogurt and granola. It was around 7:15 when I went back up stairs to back all my school stuff, which included my, notebooks, binders, folders, pencils, my Macbook Pro, and my phone. I put on my black high top converse shoes, and headed back down stairs to see a cheery Ashton on the living room couch.

I said to Ashton when I saw him, "Good morning Ash."

He turned back and said, "Good morning Skyler. Ready for your first day of school?"

"A little nervous to be honest. What if I don't make friends."

"You'll make plenty of friends, Skyler." Michael says joining the conversation as the doorbell rings, "I'll get it"

I looked towards the door and two girls, that looked like my age were there.

Jade's POV:

I can't believe Mum left without telling us, especially on the first day of school. Can you believe her Jesy?"

"To be honest Jade, I don't think she did this on purpose, I think she just had an important meeting. We can see if Michael or Ash can drive us."

"Yeah, might as well ask them now, or we'll be late."

Jesy and I walked down our driveway and into Ashton's driveway. Jesy rand their doorbell, and we were greeted with Michael who looked extremely tired.

"Hey Michael, we were wondering if you could drive us to school, our Mum left again."

"Yeah, i can drive you, come on in, I just need to get my shoes ready," Michael says as he heads towards the mud room, "we're leaving soon Skyler, be ready."

I looked at Jesy confused, we walked in to see a girl around our age sitting next to Ashton staring at us.

"Uh, hi, I'm Jade, and this is my twin sister Jesy. We're your neighbors."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Skyler." she says while holding her hand out for a handshake.

I shook her hand, and looked at her, saying, "So, are you new?"

She looked at Jesy then back to me, "is it that obvious?"

"Not really, we just knew that they didn't have a girl living with them." Jesy piped up.

"Well, they just adopted me on Saturday." Skyler says with a chuckle.

"You girls ready?" Michael asks, while exiting the house.

"Coming" we all say in unison.

*after a long drive to West Sydney High*

Skyler's POV:

"Thank you Michael." I say exiting the car.

"Anytime, I will be picking you up after school," Michael said, and then pointed, "and make some friends."

"Yes Michael" I say while going towards the large building with Jade and Jesy in front of me.

I head towards the front office, and head up to the woman at the front desk. "Hi, I need to get a schedule."