The Ice Piece

A few weeks have passed since Minerva got her memories back. Loki is beyond ecstatic to have his wife back to normal. Though all her memories are back whenever she looks at Loki she feels something is still missing, like there's something else she hadn't notice before. There are times where she'll look at Loki and feel happy, but she'll also feel like there's something more.

Late one night....

Minerva suddenly wakes up from her sleep. She reaches out for Loki, but his side of the bed is empty. She props herself up on her arms and looks around the room. Minerva looks towards the bathroom to see if the light is on, it's not. She waits a moment to see if she hears him in the bathroom, but doesn't hear anything. She rubs her eyes then rolls out of bed. She waddles outside the bedroom doors only see's the guards standing by.

"Oh, good evening ma'am. Did you need something?" The guard questioned.

"My...my husband, did you see him leave?" Minerva yawns.

"He stepped out not too long ago." The other guard told. "I think he was heading to the treasury."

"Thank you, I'll go get him."

"Oh-wait! He said to not be disturbed." The guard warned.

"That applies to everyone, but me. Unless he tells me himself then I'll listen. But right now I wanna snuggle with my husband. I'll be back." She sassed.

The guards look at each other and shrug their shoulders.

"V-very well your majesty. We'll be here." The guard told.

Half asleep Minerva shuffles down the golden hallways to find her husband. Though drowsy she is able to find her way to the treasury room, but with no guards around. She looks to her left then right no sign of anyone.

"I thought this was normally guarded?" She asked herself.

She carefully pushes the door open and pokes her head in. Her eyes light up as she sees her husband with his back turns towards her as he stands over something in front of him has a blue light glowing from it. Before she could speak Loki cuts her off.

"I said: No one is to enter this room! Was I not clear enough?!" Loki scolded.

"Loki, it's me." Minerva announced as she entered the room.

He gasps. A fearful shiver runs through his body.

"Minerva...what are you doing here?" He questioned nervously.

"I woke up and you weren't in bed. I was-"

"Minerva-please...just go back to bed. Now is not the time." His tone sounds anxious.

Minerva slowly starts to approach her husband.

"Is something wrong? What's going on?"

"Minerva, please. Go back to bed." He pleaded.

Minerva notices her husbands hands, they're blue.

"Loki, you're acting strange. Talk to me." She asked softly.

He doesn't answer. As Minerva steps closer she hears Loki sniffling, as if he's crying.

"Are you crying, my love?" Minerva questioned. She slowly steps closer to him.

Loki hesitates to answer.

"I don't-I didn't want you to see me like this." His voice trembled.

"Like what, Loki? You're not making any sense. Just tell me."

Loki wipes his tears off his face and takes a deep breath.

"I'm going to turn around just promise me you won't be terrified of me. Please." He pleaded.