14.| Protective.

Your POV

Today was Friday. The day I get to go visit the family, but also bring the money to mama and papa.

I'm not gonna lie. Ever since I've been living here, mama and papa seem to have stopped worrying about income. They now live in a much better neighbourhood. They wear nicer clothes, eat more healthy as well.

Course, with the money I bring to them and with how much they use it. It wasn't enough to pay for Justin's school, so I pay for him. That was my main priority. Getting him to get the best education and making him happy.

But currently, I'm at school in my last class before I get to head to a cafè to meet up with Justin.

It's been awhile since I've taken him out to eat something, or just the two of us hanging out.

I watched as the clock slowly ticked away, waiting for class to end.

"Hey. Yuejia." Ziyi called me. I looked up a bit and smiled, but also remembering how Yibin doesn't want me to talk to him anymore.

"Y-Yeah?"

"You wanna hang out after school?"

"Sorry. I'm meeting up with Justin." I apologized, he smiled in a thin line but patted my head.

"It's okay. Next time?"

I say anything but nodded my head. I saw Yibin staring at me at the corner of my eye. I tried to shrug off the feeling by looking at the clock again, seeing only 2 minutes is left.

I quickly packed up my things without the teacher seeing.

"C'mon. Hurry up-"

"Yuejia. Where are you going after school?" Yibin whispers in my ear, sending chills down my spine.

"I-um... ah-"

Before I could answer. The bell rang.

And I swear. As fast as the speed of light. I grabbed my bag, stood up, pushed my chair in and left the classroom.

I ran out of the school campus and began to run to the cafè.

I honestly missed my little brother so much. I didn't get to see him last Friday because he was doing something at school.

When I got to the cafè, I found a table and waited for him to arrive.

"Jiejie?"

"Justin!" I stood up and hugged him tightly as he did back. When we pulled away I looked at him, warming my heart of how taller he's gotten, and how the clothes he's wearing are much nicer.

"Did you just get off from school?" He asked, looking at my uniform.

"Yeah. I did. And hey...You've gotten taller." I said while the both of took a seat across from each other.

"I've been eating well jiejie."

"I can tell. Your cheeks have gotten chubbier." I teased.

"Aha. Jiejie!!! I'm not chubby!! I have abs you know!"

I raised one of my brows. "You? Having abs? Since when?" Justin then smirked in confidence. "Since forever!"

I then waved my hand around a bit. "Aha. Good for you."

I handed him the menu and told him to order anything he would like.

"Jiejie. Aren't you going to eat something too?"

"I already ordered."

The two of us sat there and just talked. He talked about how he's learning a lot at his new school and how all the students there are all cool and talented, or how he's one of the coolest boys in school.