43.| 3 Words

Yibin's POV

"Lihua."

"Yes, gege?"

"Where is your sister-in-law?"

Lihua shrugged her shoulders. I sighed before patting her head.

"Strange... it's Saturday, where could she have gone?"

I sat down at the table and began to eat breakfast with Lihua. I sat and remembered the incident that happened last night and instantly felt blood rush through.

"Oh? Yibin, Lihua. You both are already awake?" Waipo says happily. We both smiled back and nod before inviting waipo and waigong to sit down and join us for breakfast.

"Hm? Where is my granddaughter-in-law? Is she still sleeping?" Waipo asks. I immediately had to think of an excuse of why she isn't here right now.

"Y-Yuejia went out to get something already. She will be back soon."

"Is that so?"

"Hmh!"

But soon the minutes turned into hours and she didn't come home yet. Waigong and waipo began to ask more questions, which also got me curious about where she went.

I then called over one of our security guards and told them to go find Yuejia, but within 30 seconds, he comes back.

"Why are you still here?!" I half-yelled.

He stood there and lowered his head slightly before opening his mouth and saying, "Sir... Ms. Yuejia has returned."

I immediately got up from the couch and headed over to the door. And indeed... it was her. She took off her heels and slipped on her slippers- wait... heels. Where did she go that needed to her to wear heels?

"Hi, hubby." She greets before placing her hand on my chest and tippy-toeing her way up to kiss my cheek. "Sorry, I didn't tell you where I was going. Did I make you worry?"

My eyes widened at her actions... I thought she would be mad at me, but instead, she is weirdly normal.

"Is that our granddaughter-in-law?" Waigong asks from the living room. I was still lost for words so I didn't answer.

Yuejia heads towards the living room and greets them. I slowly turn my head and saw how oddly happy she is.

"Aiya... where did you so early this morning? You had me worried sick."

"Ah. I am so sorry waipo. But mama had some errands for me to do. I'm sorry it took so long."

Waigong shook his head. "It is not your fault. Are you hungry?"

Yuejia smiles brightly back. "Just a little. May I head upstairs and change? I'll come back down and make something for all of us."

Waipo claps her hands. "What a great idea! I haven't gotten to taste my granddaughter-in-laws cooking."

Yuejia then heads upstairs, while I followed. She opened the door to our room and left it open as if she knew that I would come in and close it after.

"Where did you go this morning?" I asked.

She looks over her shoulder and smiles in a thin light. "Mama asked me to come along with her to meet some models for an upcoming event."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Hubby was asleep, I didn't have the heart to wake you up."

Something was off for me. When we're alone, she never calls me hubby. Why is she so lucky-go happy.?