00.

BLACK BLOOD
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

❝ she was as fine as starlight,
and he as black as the night ❞

Augusta Prince never thought she'd
be terrified of love.

Even in Azkaban he still kept the crumbled photograph of a girl whose dreams had been as equally as big and insane as his. A small piece of paper to keep together whatever left there remained of his sanity. In the darkness of his cell he could imagine the touch of her soft skin and the bubbling laughter in her throat; the wide grin spread across her face when their gazes would meet and the feral look in her eyes.

Sirius Black still loved her.
Even when there was nothing left for him to love.

He remembered having watched her, as her eyes gleamed up towards the night sky — his own hands wrapped around her waist being the only thing preventing her from falling down to her doom. She had laughed, the fire in her soul reflecting in that perfect sound.

"One day," she had said, her voice the only thing he could hear; even with the howling, cold wind that neither of them seemed to mind. "One day we will live in a world where there is no fear."

How convincing she had sounded; and how foolish he had been to believe in every word. But what else could a man do, so deeply in love? Wasted in the taste and scent of her; so eagerly willing to fly — only to fall.

Sirius Black stared at the photo, wishing he could turn back time. To hear her laugh before him and not just an echo in his mind.

His fingers shook as he clutched into the crumbled photo. What he would to see her again...