05.

THE PLAN WAS almost finished. All she needed to do was persuade Remus to somehow let her into his dormitory and then swap the shampoo to hair dye. It was strange, how such a little plan could take so much time. A week and a half had already passed since the Marauders' act; which was a good thing, in a way. It meant that they would not suspect a thing.

Augusta was to meet Remus in the library. She had somehow convinced him to study with her. However, when she arrived there she was welcomed by none other than the infamous Sirius Black.

She froze, feeling slightly threatened for some unknown reason, and proceeded to turn around. Maybe he wouldn't even notice her. Yeah, maybe-

She was stopped abruptly by his voice: 

"Easy there, Prince." It was smooth, cocky, "I am here in the place of my dearest Moony."

She somehow managed to muster a glare, or something close to a glare. "I did not come here for you." she said, turning to leave again only to stop when he gasped out a soft wait.

She turned around, shocked to see that he looked desperate. Not proud or charming but truly hopeful. Sirius Black- the Sirius Black was asking her to wait?

"I need to speak with you, on the behalf of Remus."

Oh my god he knows. . . was her first initial thought. Panic began to seize her and her palms began to sweat. She quickly wiped them on her robes before clenching her fists.

"Oh," She said, ignoring the hitch in her throat. "About what?"

Sirius motioned for her to sit opposite him and she hated how she so dumbly obeyed. Have some self respect, damnit! She did not meet his eyes, knowing she well didn't have the strength to. Instead she simply listened.

"This is about Remus," he began, slowly. "I want to know what you think of him."

That was a difficult question. Remus was... well, Remus. There were very few like him.

"Well, I think he's sweet and kind... and smart. A good friend," he nodded, as if he was agreeing on every word she said. "Someone that'll have your back no matter what."

"Yes, but what do you feel for him?"

She was slightly taken aback for a moment. Oh. For a moment, she thought about lying right to his face, but she didn't have the heart for it.

"I think he's a good friend," she said. "That's. . . well, that's it." At first she thought he was going to attack her; lunge at her throat and strangle her for toying with his best friend, but instead he simply grinned. That grin that the girls usually fawned over. Her heart skipped a beat a as the sight of it.

"I'm sorry," she said, feeling immensely guilty. "I liked the date, I really did, but it's just — well, he would make a great friend you know... it was so nice but not that type of nice..."

"I get it," Sirius said, biting back a laugh. "He won't take offence to this, I can assure you... Well, thanks for telling the truth," he said, standing up and patting her lightly on the back. She could only hope that her cheeks were not flaming. "I'll see you later."

"Wait!" Augusta hollered before he could leave. He turned around with a raised brow, waiting for her to continue. "Can I- uh," she hesitated, "can I come with you? I think I want to be the one to tell Remus."

He grinned. "Come on, then."

Needless to say, she did earn a few spiteful stares from girls as she walked trough the corridors next to Sirius Black.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

She realised she had never been in the Gryffindor tower before. It was warm, everything a rich red or bright gold; and the fire kindling by the fireplace illuminated soft, cozy hues over the entire room. It was a warm place, one that was very homely and nice.

Sirius was talkative. Actually, he didn't seem to ever shut up. He'd talk about anything really. From Quidditch, to rock bands, and surprisingly school. It made things better. Augusta had never been much for conversation, and it was nice to not be companied by awkward silence.

He actually asked a lot about her. What life was like growing up, whether her parents were strict. Her childhood had been golden, magical with a dash of muggle. She didn't have anything to complain about, and as she'd talk about it he'd listen intently with a strange look in his eyes.

Longing and... was it envy?

She decided that he looked good when he'd ramble on and on. Augusta had never been keen on following the crowd, but damn it she understood why the girls would keep giggling over the guy. There was something strange and mysterious about Sirius Black. Something secretive.

And Augusta, no matter how much he she tried to deny it, wanted to find out what it was.