Part 2

"Hey kid you sleep on the grass often?" Pearl said standing over you. 'Who are these girls?' You sit up and shake the grass off your head.

"Hello, uhhh whatever your name is, what are you doing sleeping out here?" Marina asks you.

You looked around, everything was unfamiliar. "I don't know"

"Don't you have a bed to sleep in?"

"I don't know"

Pearl crossed her arms. She was getting impatient. "Marina this kid's messing with us, let's just keep going." She suggested.

"Pearl they're confused, we need to help them."

"Why? They look like they can handle themself."

"I don't think they have any idea where they are."

"How would we even help them? We should just send them to-"

"Who are you?" You interrupted.

"I'm Marina and that's Pearl, we're off the hook. What's you're name?"

You looked to the sky to think. "I don't know"

Marina held out her hand to you "That's horrible, let's go talk somewhere off the grass and try to get you to remember." You got up and cautiously took her hand.

"Marina this kid can't come with us." Pearl glared at you.

"They're coming with us, they HAVE to. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I just left them out here." You look up at Marina and see her smile at you. You felt yourself smile back. Her charisma engulfed you.

Pearl sighed "Fine but as soon as they remember where they're from they're going back."

"Alright" Marina said. They then took you to their apartment.

Marina and Pearl set their bags down in the kitchen. Pearl went back to the door and yelled out "I'm going to grab a bite, be back soon."

"We just bought food why not eat here?" Marina yelled back.

"Yeah, but there's not enough time to cook anything."

The door shut before Marina could reply. You follow her to the couch. Sitting next to you she asks "Is there anything you want to tell me?"

"I don't know"

"Is there anything you need to hear from me?"

"I don't know"

"Will you reply with "I don't know" to everything I say?"

"I don't kn-" you started to say before you realized what she said. Marina laughs a little.

"So you know just about nothing about yourself?" Marina asks. You nod.

"Hmmmm, that's very strange. Memories don't just dissappear they must be shrouded by something." She thought out loud. "What's the last thing you remember?"

"Waking up" you answer.

"Okay now what comes before waking up?"

"I don't know"

"Thought you might say that. It's falling asleep, can you try to remember falling asleep?"

"I can't remember"

"Want to try falling asleep? Doing it again might make you remember the last time you did it."

"Okay"

Marina led you to the bedroom. "It's okay to get under the covers" she tells you.

You push over the blanket and sit on the sheet. "Who sleeps here?" You ask.

"Oh I do but you're allowed to use it."

You lay down completely and pull the covers over yourself. Marina sits on the edge next to you. She strokes the side of your face with the back of her fingers.

'Does she like me? She sure doesn't wanna leave my side.'

You heard the entrance door open then Pearl yell out "Marina? Where are you?"

"In the bedroom" Marina called out.

Pearl poked her head in the doorway then walked in and sat near Marina. She placed McDonald's bag in her lap. "What's the kid doing in our bed?"

'Our?'

"They're sleeping here tonight. " Marina answered.

"Seriously? Marina they can't live with us."

"Why not? It'll only be for a little while till they remember."

"You can't just pick up every kid you see on the street."

"It's only one kid for a few days. It's almost 7 let's go get ready to announce the stages."

"Ugh fine." Pearl groaned. She got up and went downstairs.

Marina got up too. She placed the bag on the night dresser. "You can have some if you're hungry, I gotta go okay?" She tells you.

You shake your head yes. Marina gives you a wave and heads downstairs as well. 'Who gets only fries?' You pop a few in your mouth then put the bag back down.

The sheets had a beautiful scent. You pull the covers over your head and lie there.

Marina and Pearl come back into the bedroom walking and talking with eachother. Pearl goes and eats some more food out the bag it sounds like.

"They're sleeping already," you hear Marina say.

"Have fun sleeping on the street Marina," Pearl said laughing to herself.

"Aren't you the one that didn't want to sleep with them?"

"Was a joke, you're going to sleep in the middle by the way."

"Figured you say that, let's work at grizzco and let them sleep. "

"Alright, wanna call those squid sisters again? Working with randoms is always the worse..."

'Why did she get so quite?' You pull the blanket down, Pearl and Marina were gone again. You weren't that tired, but you fell asleep after a while.