Part 3

Your eyes crack open. 'Who turned the lights on?' You open your eyes a little wider. Marina was getting dressed and you could see her bare body.

She put on a black bra then pulled on sweatpants. "You're not even going to look away?" She asks while pulling a white tank top with a blue squid over her head.

"S-Sorry! Sorry!" You stammered. Probably the most embarrassed you'll ever be.

"It's alright dear, I would have been turned away if I didn't want you to see me or in the bathroom like Pearl."

'Why would she want anyone to see her like that?'

Marina gets into the bed on the other side. She scoots to the middle, a little too close to you.

She sat up, looking down to you. "You fell asleep, now you know what it feels like. Can you remember any other times you did it?"

"No"

Marina sighs. "Your noggin must be busted." She put her thumb on your forehead. You closed the eye her hand was over.

Pearl walks in yawning, she turns off the light and gets in bed.

Marina lays back down and you turn to face her. She puts an arm around you, pulling you against her.

She leans her head towards you. "I love you." She whispers.

'I love you too.' Her eyes closed. You went back to sleep too.

'Where's Marina?' You sit up slowly, scratching your eyes. There was a sticky note on your lap.

"Sorry you're alone (╯︵╰,) some business came up and we had to leave. I left you breakfast on the counter _ロ_. Hopefully you like it, it's my favorite cereal brand ('ω'). We'll be back a little after nine. Make yourself at home and don't miss us too much! ~Marina ♡-"

You look at the clock on the kitchen wall, 7:49. 'Wow she even drew the crab on the box.' You compared the cereal and the drawing for a little while before opening it. 'Only marshmallows? Maybe I'll have something else.'

You look through the cabinets and the fridge, they had a ton of sweet stuff. 'I'll just have milk.' You find out how to turn on the TV in the living room. There was only one channel, a conspiracy documentary about a "squidbeak splatoon" was on.

After watching for about 10 minutes and hearing "octarian menace" about seven times you decided to go explore the bathroom. A whole lot of things you had no business touching. Looking in the mirror you could see your hair had similarities to Marina's.

You walk back into the bedroom. 'How do they find anything in this closet?' You look over at the clock again, 8:24. 'Wish I had my phone... wait I had one of those? What did I do with it...'

You sit and watch the TV for a while. An agent saved the world from running out of power twice apparently they live among "us" in disguise is all you learned.

The channel suddenly changed to the news. 'Marina?' "There's a splatfest tonight. Go to the terminal in the square to pick your team." They said.

"Don't get cooked, stay off the hook." Was the last thing they said before the tv went back to normal programming.

Marina and Pearl walk upstairs. "You figured out how to turn the TV on? Did you see us?" Marina asks you. You nod yes.

"Was everything okay here? You took care of yourself, right?"

'Why don't you have any meat here?' You nod yes.

"Glad we only have to announce stages once on splatfest days," Pearl said, sitting down opposite of you on the couch.

"Do you wanna go to sleep this afternoon or are we staying up 24 hours?" Marina asked her.

"Let's stay up, I wanna go somewhere for more than 2 hours for once."

"Cool, where are we gonna go? Can it be somewhere without a huge crowd?"

"That sucks Marina, I was invited to go rap at the beach, I bet a ton of people already heard."

"Ah, fine, when is it?" Marina sat on the couch arm near you. She rubbed your head.

"At 12, it'll last for 6 hours so we have enough time to get ready for the fest."

"What are we gonna do for three hours?"

"I'm going to watch a movie, you can do whatever." Pearl picked up the remote and started browsing movie covers.

'Why didn't I try setting it to HDMI?'

"Have fun, I think I'll go back to tentakeel outpost, see some friends." Marina said.

"You don't want to watch with me?"

"No, all those explosions and stuff will hurt my eyes."

"Alright, take the kid with you too, they're not old enough to watch."

You look up at Marina, she boops your snoot than says "Okay, be back soon."

"Mmmhmm. Bring me back something too." Pearl said.

Marina lets you through the door then pulls it closed behind her. "I'll get you a cricket." She said before the door was fully closed.