Chapter 2 (A Whole New World)

Nolan Anarose

I hadn't really went to a public restaurant on my own. The orphanage I had taken occupancy in years ago never believed in that. I ordered at "Subway", considering it's the healthiest of fast foods. I received weird stares as I handed note cards to the employees, but I simply smiled in return. They were just confused at the unfamiliarity.

After I ordered, I sat at a window-view booth by myself, gazing out at the bright summer sky. The sight of a homeless man walking by caught my eye. He had rags for clothing, his skin darkened with dirt and sweat. My stomach growled at the scent of the food, but I wasn't about to selfishly sit by while he roamed hungry in a big city like this.

I rushed out the exit door, jogging my way to the man. I handed my six-inch sub to him, smiling as I insisted with facial expressions for him to take it. He was very grateful, and I could read his lips as he spoke out loud. "Thank you so much. You are a gracious man."

After he generously shook my hand, we separated paths, the smile still stuck upon my face. I then went to walk down the street, Amathist a few feet from me, watching.

"You sicken me," her lips spoke to me, her nose scrunched in disgust. It didn't bother me a bit that she was insulted. I was being kind, which I've tried to be to her, she just wouldn't accept it.

I was still intrigued by her beauty, and I could never avert my gaze. She was precious to me. She definitely had many issues, but that's just more to improve. I was falling for her, wanting to succeed in fixing her damage. Even past her threats and her many rejections, I wouldn't give up, which only made her strive to break my heart.

I handed her a tiny bouquet of flowers for my handbag. I could see it in her eyes; she almost always falters. But never completely, and that's why she ripped the flowers to shreds. I put on a strong face to handle the rejection and her carelessness, but it never really worked. Therefore, I was too sensitive to carry on like she did every day. But I wouldn't stop until she was happy, until she would stop rejecting the happiness I could offer.

Cassidy Rain

I threw most of my lingerie out. They were reminders of my past life, a painful life. I saved a few pairs for backup though, in case Nathan messed up, because that's what he does. But, unfortunately that's something I loved most about him. And, I kept my sexiest pair too, in case Nathan and I got together at some point.

Speaking of the devil...

Nathan walked in, champagne in hand. I watched him carefully, thinking he may be drunk. But, of course, he hasn't been like that lately.

"We're celebrating," he said, pausing in between the words as he popped the cork off. "Because we're semi-friends. At least we can tolerate each other," he answered my confused expression.

"So we're getting drunk?"

"No, we're having a drink." I never saw Nathan with enough self-control to just have a drink.

"So, did you hear about Micheal?" I started conversation as he poured the champagne into his fancy Flute glasses. "He's fallen, and he can't get back up," I joked, smirking to myself.

"He didn't get what he deserves. Not even close. Especially not love." I watched as Nathan's expression quickly changed, remembering his symptoms. Bipolar disorder. He was the freak of his family because of it.

"Come on," I said, trying to cheer him up. I pulled him close to me, my hands around his neck, his at my waist. "You've always got the butt end of the stick. Let's change that." He smirked in excitement, taking hold of our glasses. "To change," we cheered, gulping it down like it was our last. And Nathan didn't know it yet, but I would be a hit and run. I wasn't planning to stick around, it was my turn to hurt him. Although, watching him, the innocence he had hidden underneath made me feel a change in heart.