Chapter 3 (The Silence Of My Good Deeds)

Daphanie Piper

"Girls," I scolded each of my sisters before the therapist came in. "Stop fighting," I spoke under my breath as they each continued with their petty quarrels. As always, I was in the middle, literally sitted between the two.

A man in a dress shirt and jeans walked in. Jeans, the treacherous style of the corrupted generation. Known as a fashion trend, yet it looked hideous. He had these jewel blue eyes on a dull expression of normality.

"Ladies," he said loudly after clearing his throat twice to gain Tara and Shelby's attention. "My name is Gregor," he introduced himself.

"Pleased to meet you," I nodded formerly, his eyes wandering to the other two in suspicion.

"You're here to talk family problems, yes?" I nodded in response. "So you must be siblings." We all nodded in agreement. "Well, why don't you start by telling me your life story? I am the Chosen One counselor," he announced proudly.

"Well, we come from royalty," I started, twiddling my fingers nervously from all eyes on me. "Needless to say, our mother was a bit of a control freak, and she took advantage of the powers she had. We later found out that the death of our beloved father was caused by her. She believed in these legends of our kingdom. She locked us away in a tower, believing that are 'true loves' would come to save us after announced to our people." I tried to restrain my emotions from getting a hold of me. "We spent two years in separate rooms, and the only faces we ever saw was our own."

Tara and Shelby squeezed my hand in remembrance of the tragic time, the neglect still on our mind.

"They never came." My gray eyes met Gregor's, his facial expression concerned. "We saved ourselves with our abilities when using them as one. But the soldiers found us and killed us before we escaped our lands. And that's when we appeared into the Mirrors." Gregor frowned after listening, debating on what to say.

"So, that's why you're struggling here," he confirmed. "You believe there is no such thing as a 'true love'?" We each simply nodded. "Thing is," he started to explain, leaning forward on his desk. "No one really believes in true loves. That is known as a fairytale. But underneath the surface, we live in a world of fantasy with beings far greater than human. It's impossible, but it's the most real thing you'll ever feel. And that's because you are a Chosen One. You're privileged to have something people don't even get in a lifetime. Love."

We each tuned in to his wise words of wisdom, which I would consider. Although my sisters were very closed-minded.

"You are all damaged, and that's what the Spirit wants. He wants to change the worst of us. Those that were once innocent, that were treated unfairly. He wants to mend you into something beautiful. Something he's always wanted his creation of mankind to look like. You are the worst of us that contains the best of humanity."

I saw something in this man. There was something different about him. He saw a depth many didn't understand. He didn't look at the big picture; he looked at every detail near it.

If I didn't know any better, this man should be the Chosen One leader, not the Chosen One counselor.

Candice Floamboatia

I couldn't help but this scoff after Chambers flashed me the memories of everyone's life in my mind. He was trying to show me what Chosen-One-hood looked like, and all I saw was people that were messed up in the head with tragic lives given a job that was meant for the holy. They were much like me, but unlike most of them, I didn't take the higher road.