Rough

I can't lie, I knew Dean wasn't perfect. I knew that he had a temper. But I wanted him, and he wanted me. How many would have acted differently in my position........
next week dean and I were open about our relationship. And in a small school word spreads quite quickly. All our close friends were all very happy for us , though they teased us without mercy. And Dean and I took every possible chance to touch, to be together. He kissed me every chance he got. And I let him. And I would run my fingers through his hair. It was long and dyed black. It was such a high. (I had expected it to wear off. It never did.) Every chance we had we were all over each other. We had conversations, simple conversations, and we shared cigarettes. That's something we had in common. We both preferred cigs, to the new vape toys. And while I wasn't old enough to buy either, I had my friends who would get me some. Which is how dean got to know Mark .Dean already knew Mark, but they were never friends. Mark used to go to our school, he graduated the year before. One year older than dean. To be honest Mark was a piece of trash to me. While dean tried to be romantic, Mark had gotten my attention by slapping my ass and buying me cigs. He would tell me how hot I was and whisper lewd things in my ear. I ignored him for the longest time. He would tell everyone that I was his girl( which I was not) but what could I do. He wasn't ugly by any means. He was pretty good looking, and the class clown. I remember one time when he was crying . He cried on my shoulder, I wiped his tear away with my hand. He had this funny act, he would pretend to be okay; covering his feelings with jokes and naughty actions.
But I'm sure he was dark and twisted inside. Maybe that's why I felt compassion for him, maybe that's what we had in common. But he was still awful to me. He just wouldn't keep his hands to himself.(I still don't know how I found pity for him in my heart) One afternoon Mark invited me to go out and meet some of our friends, who had already graduated. And Dean was supposed to be there. I didn't think twice about going with him, he had taken me so many places with him before. While mark would always find ways to touch me, I never thought he would actually hurt me. He liked me , and in my mind you don't hurt people you like. ( turns out I'm the only one) so when we got to the party ,which was at a girls house whom I had met a couple times but didn't know well. We played some games and drank. At some point we ran out of margarita powder and fruit juice. Mark and I went to get more out of the trunk of his car, which was parked in the garage.I grabbed the powder packets and he took the Hawaiian Punch gallons. Heading back inside through the little hallway that connected to the kitchen, we laughed about some prank that Mark pulled on a girl we knew from camp years back. We set the stuff on the counter and Mark turning towards me says " We used to have so many fun times, I miss that." As he put his hands on my waist. This is when I start to get a little uncomfortable.
I smell the vodka on his breath. He didn't seem drunk earlier, but now I'm not sure. He tries to kiss me and I turn my cheek, his hands tighten around my waist and he pulls me towards him, all the while I'm pushing him away."Stop!" His hands are so tight around my waist, his fingers dig into my hipbone, and pull me against him the force knocking the air out of me. "Damn it Mark let go!"and just then I hear Deans voice" Cherry or pina colada?" As he enters the kitchen from the living room,and he drops his smile instantly. "The fuck are you doing Mark!" His voice is deadly low,
Dean puts one arm around his neck and yanks Mark off of me. ( a pretty impressive feat, Mark was and still is a strong guy)He bangs Mark's head against a counter corner and I see a tad of blood gush from the wound. This knocks Mark out. The girl who owns the house walks in , probably hearing the yelling." Omg, what happened?"she says seeing Mark lying on the floor. Dean explains and I ask him to take me home. The night is ruined now anyway. The girl isn't upset, she says she's not surprised by Deans behavior, that she's friends with an ex-girlfriend of his. I get in Deans truck and as he walks around to the other side I feel a tear slip down my right cheek. And then down my left. Dean gets in and he turns to me. And then he says something unexpected."Do you like him?" He looks me dead in the eye, and he was unusually calm. "No." I answered quietly and honestly. I didn't want him to know I was crying. His face softened, I think he saw my tears and felt bad. " I'm sorry the night was ruined." He says now more like his usual self. He scratched his neck and asked if he should take me home. I stoped to think about it for a minute, "No, lets go somewhere else.
And that's how we ended up at  the park. He parked by the entrance and we just walked past the lowered car gate. Then we went and sat by the pier. The park was his idea, I don't really like nature, but it was so Romantic and beautiful. There was almost no moon at all that night and I laughed at his dumb jokes, and then he picked me up and almost threw me right into the lake. But he didn't because I told him that I'd never forgive him if he did.( that was a lie, but I guess he believed me. While it sounds romantic to swim in a lake together at midnight, this lake was very gross, not the kind you swim in.) Dean and I bought sodas from the broken machine by the canoe rental shop, and just lay there quietly looking at the sky on a small blanket. Then he took me home. ❤️