Prologue

June, 1962. 4:30 PM Metroville.

"Who are they?"

"Wait, is that Mr. Incredible?"

"You're right. It's him!"

"I think I saw Elastagirl just now."

"Dude, it really is her! Did she change her suit?"

"Ahhh!!! Frozone is here too!"

"Aren't superheroes supposed to be illegal?"

"Who cares about that! They freaking saved the city from that robot."

The jovial cheers of the crowd, constantly shouting the names of three certain super heroes, echoed throughout the entire city. Their tones didn't carry much hate but rather hopeful, and grateful. Except, someone wasn't pleased with this.

Syndrome just woke up five seconds ago, only to find his Omnidroid in a wrecked-up state and Mr. Incredible and his family getting praises from the citizens. Looking at this scene made his blood boil.

"NOOO!!!"

He slammed his fist on to the cement floor, not caring about the slightest physical pain coursing through his knuckles.

Those praises were supposed to be his. It was supposed to be Syndrome, not Mr. Incredible!

"When I get my hands on him..." Then, something clicked to him.

Mr. Incredible have three children. He already met two of his, except the third one-- who was just an infant, and was probably staying at their residence.

An eerie grin swept across his face. If he could raise that baby, he will make it fight against Mr. Incredible. A son trying to kill a superhero, who was the biological father. What a sweet revenge.

"You're going to do it?" A deep voice asked.

Startled, Syndrome turned. Someone found him, and he didn't have a weapon to defend himself. But neither the mystery man before him. He had this face which reminded him of a Japanese cultured man, but his appearance was rather dark and gloomy compared to himself despite how simple his clothes were.

"No need to panic. I am harmless as you are."

Yep, he is definitely Japanese, Syndrome thought. "Who are you?"

"I asked first," he said. "You're going to steal John Jackson Parr?"

"..Yes..." He felt hesitant when he knew a partial of his plan. Is he some kind of mind reader?

"I'm afraid you won't succeed with that plan."

"What do you mean?"

"I presume you have a clone android, am I wrong?"

Again, Syndrome hesitated. He even didn't dare to rebuke the stranger from the way his aura gave off to him. Something about him didn't seem right at all, and the way his eyes gazed at him were not as close to ordinary.

A deception? He didn't know. Either way, he broke his thoughts when the man continued.

"If you do, send a clone of yourself and you'll see why."

---

Syndrome never trust anyone except Mirage (originally) and this man wasn't an exception. But his curiosity just got the best of him. So he did what he was told.

And the aftermath shocked him.

Not far from the Parr's residence, both Syndrome and the mystery man stood on a small building. He looked at the sky through his advanced binoculars, watching his fake self being shredded by one of the turbines which lead to the explosion of his jet.

He also first witnessed the terror of the youngest Parr child before that.

He put down his binoculars, a look of fear plastered on his face.

"I don't believe it. That baby is a super?!"

Didn't the reports say he was born human? This realization made him frustrated and cursed at his employees' stupidity.

"Have you seen it?"

He glanced at the man, thinking of whether or not he should trust him then asked, "What do you want?"

The man pretended to give some thought.

"I suppose it's the same as you want. But to get it, I suggest a collaboration."

Syndrome laughed mockingly. "A collaboration? Yeah right. And if I refuse?"

"Then I'll find someone better than you."

He didn't know why, but Syndrome began to feel a sense of dread. As if something far more sinister than his supposed jet accident would come to claim his life.

Suddenly, a green scar glowed on the side of the man's face. Syndrome took note of it, but couldn't figure out what it was. But the addition to the mysterious man's calm look have made him more terrifying.

Syndrome almost gaped, as if he just saw an actual ghost.

The man's expression didn't change, as he lends out his hand towards him.

"Do we have a deal?"

Syndrome stared at him, then at the hand. Finally, he spoke, "You didn't tell me your name."

As if he was pleased, the man crooked his thin lips upward making a villainous smile.

"Obake."

---

June, 2037. 3:25 PM. Todayland. Robinson's Residence.

Almost everyone left the house, except Bud and Lucille who were minding their own business. As for Carl the robot, he was on house duty as usual--

"Whoa, oh, oh."

--while singing Radioactive.

"I'm waking up to ash and dust I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust. I'm breathing in the chemicals."

"I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus. This is it, the apocalypse. Whoa."

"I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones. Enough to make my systems blow. Welcome to the new age, to the new age."

"Welcome to the new age, to the new age."

He unlocked the door and entered the garage, taking out his tools. He began wiping off the dust, rocking his head back and forth numerous times as he continued.

"Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive."

"Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radi--"

Suddenly, the lights turned dark red. Carl flinched, dropping both his broom and mop and other cleaning utensils, as the alarm speaker blared in a higher volume right next to him.

One of the large monitors went active as an interface popped into the screen.

Carl rushed over and placed his metallic face against the monitor. His robotic eyes growing wider by the second as he read the following texts.

He gasped, "There's a change in the time stream!"

This was not old news, because Wilbur went to school.