o n e

It was finally over; Voldemort was simply ash collected by the wind and moved on to somewhere else, somewhere without the pain and sorrow of deaths that he caused. The oppression, the intensity, the hardship finally had ended along with the brutal war that many friends, family, and foes had perished in. Harry could've laughed at the irony the situation the universe presented him with; he had finally killed Tom, but he was dying himself, yet throughout all his pain and the pain he had caused to his loved ones he felt as though it was a small price for the lives he had caused to be lost. Everyone's pain was temporary, but he had stopped the pain that would have lasted an eternity longer than any of them deserved. It was brutal and yet so calming to know that at least he would know people would be allowed to smile again, laugh again and love again without the fear of it all being ripped away so suddenly.

The wounds from the Dark Spells fired at him were finally piercing their way through his internal organs, slowing shutting his body down. He could almost hear the organs whirring down like a broken-down machine. Being killed from the inside out was different than he had imagined but then again, he did not think he would be killed by anything but the killing curse. The life force being drained form him was slowly becoming more visible through his clammy, pale skin but everyone was too ravelled up in their mourning to notice him. Although dying the moment was peaceful. If the curse had not of already been killing him then the juxtaposition would have finished him off. He knew in himself that this was meant to be a depressing, heart wrenching scene where people were crying over his dying body, and he let everyone know how much he loved them, but he could not bring himself to cause them anymore grief. Then the moment struck, the gut-wrenching pain overtook his adrenaline causing him to keel over. Harry waited for his eternally increasing heartbeat to give out, and kill him, and yet it never came all he felt was the unwavering pain. When he started this last battle with Tom, he knew there was a strong chance that he might not make it out alive and yet his belief in love conquers all had forced him into the belief that he would survive and that he had to live for what would the world do without The Boy Who Lived.

'At least I took Voldemort down with me,' Harry thought to himself, giving himself a slight smirk. Breathing was becoming a labouring task and he knew it would be his last minutes. The last minutes before the darkness consumed him and everything he knew and loved disappeared from his life as he knew it. Or rather he disappeared from his friends and families lives as they knew it.

A dazed smile crept on to his face, the delirium of blood loss and rising shock and panic finally taking full effect on his actions. Harry struggled to bring himself to his feet, trying to ignore the immense pain that came with the simple yet arduous task. Taking small shy steps, Harry James Potter, the boy-who-lived, slowly made his way to his friends; Hermione, though hit with a couple of bone-breaking curses, was seemingly well off- she had probably taken potions given to her and had spells cast by Pomfrey. he watched as Hermione went around helping to mend people, although she looked sad, there was a slight twinkle in her eye as she did what she loved most- caring for those who needed it. Between calming draughts and quick little spells to mend cuts and bruises she did what she could to ease others suffering and pain before they returned to their grieving.

Ron looked a little worse for wear; he had cuts, bruises, and lacerations all over his body; blood was starting to pool in his clothing but nothing to serious. Knowing him he most likely avoided Pomfrey in favour of her checking up on Hermione, he was totally infatuated by the girl that he grew up constantly fighting but that was there way of saying I love you to each other. Ron looked on from a distance with a sad smile as Hermione went from person to person. She could have been doing anything and Ron would still watch on in wonder at the girl he had been in love with since First Year.

"Harry!" Hermione called; the relief flooded her eyes as she saw him shuffling over towards Ron where she had also been wandering over to. She rushed over to him with Ron doing the same.