t h r e e

Harry stared at his mother in pure and blissful awe. Sirius and Remus had told him stories of how beautiful his mother was, but now he saw what they meant. She was beautiful, almost like Ginny. He idly mused what he would've looked like if he had had auburn hair instead of his father's raven hair. His mother, his mother. It was almost too good to be true, he enjoyed getting to know his father but he'd almost forgot that his mother would be there.

"Harry," Remus ripped his attention from staring at his mother much to his annoyance, "This is Lily, she's head girl here and one of my really good friends, say hello harry"

Looking back up to his unaware mother, he decided that he wanted to be held by her. Granted, it was childish, but he had lacked the small things would do for their children since he had grown up with the Dursley's. Plus he'd already been held and fallen asleep on Uncle Moony so being held by his mother should hold not judgement from at the very least him. He wanted the warm embrace that he had so longingly watched the children at Platform 9 ¾ receive, or the children being picked up and dropped off at primary school, or even Dudley. That was all he wanted. A mother. His mother.

Bringing his short arms up in the direction of Lily, he demanded, "Umma, Umma!"

Looking at the expression his mother had- one of shock- Harry wondered if demanding to be held by her was a bad decision. Maybe she didn't really like babies she didn't know, Harry's heart started to race. But his worries were soon put to rest as a smile came onto the red-head's face as she leaned around James and picked Harry up from Remus' lap. Knowing that he wouldn't want to leave his mother's arms for a while, Harry grabbed a treacle tart from in front of James as he was held of James lap for the split second and prepared to make himself comfy.

As Lily sat back down from her half squat position, she placed Harry sideways so he would be able to see the Marauders and her as well. It was surreal, he had his mother, father and his two uncles, all alive, all together all focusing on him at the same time. This is what his life should have been like, receiving the love of his four favourite people with a childhood filled with laughter and pranks and love. He should have had a bedroom and sleepovers with his uncles, instead he had... he didn't even want to think about he. He returned his focus to his new seat.

Right off the bat, Harry knew that he wouldn't want to leave here anytime soon; her arms were warm and comfy, and she smelled of cinnamon and evergreens, which Harry immediately felt comforted by. Whilst growing up he never knew what to imagine when he would picture living with his parents, them hugging him as they read him a bed time story or snuggling together on the sofa watching a movie. This was better than anything he'd ever imagined, it was like being hugged for the first time ever and just now realising what you've been missing all this time.

Turning his attention to her, with big, green emerald eyes, he smiled a cute baby smile for her. He could hear the 'awws' and 'oh, how cute!' from the girls around the Gryffindor table, as well as from other tables. Harry smile dropped slightly, he guessed that no matter where he went, he'd somehow always be part of the spotlight, it was the curse of being the chosen one but he didn't imagine it would happen so much somewhere that no one knew who he was. Somewhere that he didn't even exist.

Coming out of his thoughts, Harry started listening to the thoughts of his parents and the Marauders.

"It's amazing how well he took to you, Lily," Harry heard Remus saying as he continued to eat his dessert which has been halted having one one arm from holding Harry earlier. "Harry must really like you."

"Is that so?" Lily said with a grin and turned to Harry to ask, "Do you like me Harry?"

Harry squealed happily, burrowing in to her stomach. He could feel the laughter coming from his mother, and he smiled happily. Though he wasn't with his friends, Harry was incredibly happy that he could be here with his parents, smiling, laughing and having fun. His friends almost slipped his mind he was enjoying himself so much.