2 What The...

Sebastian strayed away from the team to explore on his own. He was known for doing that, he worked better solo when he doesn't have anyone else to watch out for. His job was to find ancient artefacts and take them to archaeologists to examine and possibly put up in a museum, or sell.

Apparently there had been a discovery of human remains from nearly a thousand years ago located in a small village. It was of a man and woman thrown into a ditch and left there, the clothing they had were clearly covered in blood. Then Sebastian's team were sent out to examine thoroughly and leave nothing out. Which is why Sebastian was walking up to a church that looked like it was ready to collapse.

"I should call the rest of the team" he said to himself as he opened the large doors to let himself inside the church,

"But I'd rather be on my own without everyone's annoying voices and lack of intelligence" he mumbled before turning his flashlight on and looking around.

It looked to have been abandoned for a long time. It was all dust and cobwebs, ew. Sebastian made his way across the floor and looked at the main altar. There was a pentagram drawn on the floor and the table was placed over it. Sacrifice maybe? He took a photo of it before heading behind the church to find steps that went down underground.

"I should be calling for everyone else by now so we can cover more ground" he said again but heard a cry from down below. He forgot his previous thoughts and ran down the stairs to save whoever was down there.

When he got there it was darker than ever and eerily silent. Sebastian couldn't see very far but he did see a lot of crosses littering the walls and a stone like coffin in the centre of the room with chains wrapped around it. Sebastian's eyes widened and he quickly grabbed his communicator.

"Team?" He said and waited for everyone's reply,

"You should probably come to my location and see this"

There were multiple answers and soon there were footsteps heard from the church area and a voice calling his name.

"Behind the altar" he shouted back and then heard them all run down stairs and gasp.

"What?" One asked and looked at the stone coffin,

"What's in there?" Another asked Sebastian.

"I do not know" he replied and then the first person spoke up again,

"I say we open it"

He then proceeded to walk towards the coffin and used the tools from his rucksack that they were all given a set off to cut the chains off the coffin, the other two members of the team ran forward, as well as Sebastian to remove the stone lid.

Dust spewed out of the stone coffin and they all wafted the dust away and looked inside. There was a small figure inside, dressed in a white-now dirty-gown and for something that could've been at least as old as the church, it looked so well preserved. Almost mummified. All of its skin was intact and it's hair, matted and in clumps. Was still all there. It was amazing to see a body so preserved.

"We should alert the higher's of this find" Sebastian sad and went to walk up the stairs and out of the church to contact them.

"We will be looking around here some more" one of the team members told Sebastian before he left.

He got outside and squinted at the sun, being that he was in a dark room mere seconds ago his eyes were sensitive to the bright light. He then pressed he digits into his phone to call the higher'a and pressed the phone to his ear.

"Michaelis here. We found something in the east, an abandoned church" he started then stopped to let them speak.

"A body was found, at least a thousand years, it's been preserved well"

The reply he got was of interest.

"Could you decipher who they could've been?" He asked and got confirmation that they would be there to look the body over.

"Thank you, sir" he said then hung up.

He then turned towards the church doors again and heard a loud scream of his team members from inside. His eyes widened and he ran into the church, to see if his team were all alright.