I missed you guys

Lexi was startled to see a bodyguard standing in the living room, one she did not recognize and one who seemed to assess her, her daughter and their home with what she assumed to be disdain.

Remembering her manners she asked,

“Would you care for some dinner?”

He stood by the door, patiently waiting on Michael.

“No. Ma’am”

“Dad, do you want Coke or water for dinner.”

“How about a water, can you get your Daddy some ice please.”

Alannah’s innocent question to Michael caused a slight reaction on the face of the bodyguard who was still facing Lexi.

Afraid of what he had just figured out Lexi approached him.

“I’m Mr. Jackson’s…Friend. We trust that whatever you see and hear can be kept discreet?”

Lexi’s direct question didn’t faze the man and he stared right back at her.

“Yes Ma’am. I only have my client’s best interests at heart.”

Michael looked up hearing the discussion and walked over,

“Bill this is my um…ah this is Dr. Garcia. We have known each other many, many years. I told you earlier I was coming to see a friend and well…she and her, our daughter are that and more, much MUCH more.”

Bill nodded slightly, “I understand Sir.”

“Bill, I have a place out back if you would like to make yourself comfortable.”

“Lexi, that won’t be necessary. We already discussed it, he has family here in town he is going over there until I call.”

Turning quickly Lexi walked back toward the kitchen,

“That’s fine, we won’t be long anyway.”

Michael grimaced slightly at Bill and whispered that he would call him by cell when he was ready to leave and the bodyguard was gone.

The awkward silence as they waited on him to join them at the table made him uncomfortable but Alannah’s smiling face gave him a bit of courage as he joined their hands and said grace over their meal before Lexi could change her mind and ask him to leave.

___________________________________