Prologue

Thebes, City of the living, Crown jewel of Pharaoh's Seti the first. Home of Imhotep, Pharaoh's high priest, Keeper of the dead. Birthplace of Anck-su-namun, Pharaoh's mistress, no other man was allowed to touch her, but for their love, they were willing to risk life itself.

Anck-su-namun walked into her chambers, walking past Imhotep's priests, as she walked to her lover. Imhotep pulled her into a kiss smearing away the paint off her, both knowing that if they were caught, they would be executed. Imhotep's love for Anck-su-namun was greater than his very own wife, Tinana, the eldest daughter of Seti. However, Imhotep knew that he loved Tinana more than her but at this moment he didn't care.

As they pulled away from the kiss, Seti entered her chambers. He noticed Imhotep's priests and gave a confused look.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as they backed away, letting him pass.

As the Pharaoh passed through the curtains, he finds Anck-su-namun standing alone. He sends her a smirk but it slowly started to vanish as he notices the smeared paint on her arm.

"Who has touched you?!" He asked with anger. Before he could do anything his sword was snatched from behind him. He turned and stood in shock as he saw who it was.

"Imhotep? My priest." He says with wide eyes. Anck-Su-namun pulled out a dagger within seconds and stabbed him from behind. The Pharaoh's bodyguards were summoned to go to her chambers and when they entered, Imhotep and Anck-Su-namun stopped instantly.

"You must go! Save yourself. Only you can resurrect me." Auck-su-namun says to Imhotep. The bodyguards plunge towards Imhotep holding him captive. He tried to break free from the guards as they took him away from Anck-Su-namun.

"My body is no longer his temple!" She said before taking the dagger and plundged it into her heart.

To resurrect Anck-Su-namun Imhotep and his priest broke into her crypt and stole her body. They raced deep into the desert taking Anck-su-namun's corpse to Hamunaptra, City of the dead, ancient burial site for the son's of pharaoh's and resting place for the wealth of Egypt. For his love, Imhotep dared the God's anger by going deep into the city, where he took the Black Book of the Dead from its holy resting place.

Imhotep and his priests went deep into the city of the dead, as they carried along the corpse of Anck-su-namun.

Anck-su-namun's soul had been sent to the dark underworld, her vital organs removed and placed in five sacred encrypted jars.

Imhotep started the ritual, reading from the Black Book of the Dead. As he read, his priest knelt and bowed around the corpse as the black water rose from beside her and was placed on top of her body. As Imhotep was about to drive the dagger into Anck-su-namun's body he was stopped.

The Pharaoh's bodyguards had followed Imhotep and stopped him before the ritual could be completed.

With Seti killed, Tinana was now left in-charge and to decide Imhotep and his priests' punishment.

"Imhotep, do you deny having a love affair with Anck-su-namun?" Tinana asked him.

"No."

"Do you deny murdering King Seti and for being the reason for Princess Nefertiri's death?" She asked him.

"Nefertiri is dead?" He asked in shock.

"Yes, now answer me! Do you deny it?" She spat at him.

"No."

And with that, she confirmed Imhotep and his priests' consequence and walked off, with a tear sliding down her face.

Imhotep's priests were condemned to be mummified alive. As for Imhotep, he was condemned to endure the Hom-Dai, the worst of all ancient curses, one so horrible, it had never before been bestowed. He was to remained sealed inside his sarcophagus, the undead for all of eternity.

The Medjai would never allow him to be released, for he would arise a walking disease, a plague of all mankind, an unholy flesh eater with the strength of ages, power over the sands and the glory of invincibility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Welcome to my first ever fanfic! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter!

Please Vote and Comment!

- Niki xx

~EDITED~