Chapter 8

"We must stop him from regenerating! Who opened that chest?" Evy asked as they all surrounded the table in Lucinda's room, while Rick was looking out the window.

"Well there was me and Daniels here. Oh and Burns of course," Henderson said before nearly whispering Burns' name.

"And that Egyptologist fella," Daniels added.

"What about my buddy Benni?" Rick asked as he turned his head towards the others.

"Nah, he scrammed out of there before we opened the damn thing," Daniels replied.

"Yeah he was the smart one," Henderson said while letting out a small chuckle.

"Yeah, that sounds like Benni," Rick said as he started walking over to the table.

"We must find the so-called Egyptologist and bring him back to safety before the creature can get to him," Lucy said as she looked at Rick.

"Right. You two stay here, you three come with me!" Rick demanded. The boys started grunting annoyedly while Evy just stayed quite. Lucy stood up and started walking towards Rick.

"Just a minute. You can't leave me in here like some old carpet bag. Who put you in charge? If you think you are going to leave me in here while you... O'Connell what do you thing you're doing?!" Lucy yelled before Rick picked her up and threw her over his shoulder.

"Put me down! Jonathan!" Lucy shouted at her brother while Rick kicked the door of her bedroom, open.

"Uh, sorry but... he's a bit... tall..." Jonathan trailed off as she just rolled her eyes.

"Jonathan, the coward that you are! Put me do - Oof!" She grunted as Rick threw her on her bed. She quickly got up as he turned around.

"O'Connell, you are not leaving me in here!" Lucy yelled as he slammed the door in her face before locking it.

"This door doesn't open. She doesn't come out and no one goes in. Right!" Rick said as he grabbed Daniels by the collar as Lucy tried to barge the door open.

"Right," Daniels said as he gulped

"Right?" Rick asked as he turned to face Henderson.

"Right," Henderson agreed as Rick dropped the key to Lucy's room into Daniels' hand. Rick then turned to Evy.

"Ok, I'm going into my room now," Evy said as she walked into her room knowing Rick was going to ask her to anyways.

"Let's go Jonathan!" Rick said as he walked past him.

"I thought I could just stay the fort and reconnoiter," Jonathan started.

"Now!"

"Right, we're just going to rescue the... Egyptologist," Jonathan said as he stumbled out of his chair.

"I don't reckon he's an Egyptologist," Lucy yelled from her room as they left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy decided to change into her nightgown and have a sleep while she could. Whenever she was stressed she would go outside and just focus on the sounds around her. Since she's locked in her room, she couldn't do that so her only option was to sleep and relax.

Finding out that she is a look-a-like of Imhotep's wife and queen of Egypt, and that her sister is being sacrificed to bring back Anck-su-namun only for her to be killed again, was stressing both sisters out. All that Lucinda cared about at the moment was that her sister was safe and unharmed. While Lucy was sleeping, she was unaware that the Egyptologist and Henderson had been killed by Imhotep and he turned into sand and made his way into Lucy's room through the keyhole. Lucy started to toss and turn her head a bit as he sat beside her on the bed.