Acoustic Neuroma...

*Flynn's point of view*

Just as I was walking back to Emma's room she was being wheeled back in from her MRI.

"Hey" she smiled softly as I walked up to the side of her.

"House will be in in a minute to see you" Taub mentioned as he wheeled her in and hooked her up to the heart rate monitor before walking out.

"How you feeling?" Flynn asked

*Emma's point of view*

"Bit groggy, don't like MRI machines"

"At least you didn't have a metal key ripped through your stomach" Flynn laughed

"He's right, we've looked at your scan and your going to need surgery Emma" House spoke showing he was in the room.

I look from House to my brother and he nodded at me.

"When is it scheduled?" I asked

"10am tomorrow morning" House spoke softly

I nodded and House limped out of the room.

"I really don't want to leave you but I have to pick mum up from the airport" Flynn said as he help my hand

"It's ok, go and get mum"

"You sure you'll be ok?" Flynn questioned

"Not like I can run off, I'm attached to too many machines" I replied with a laugh

"True, I'll be back as soon as I can" he kissed my forehead then left.

*

About an hour after Flynn had left Emma was just sat in bed when House came limping in.

"Thank you for making better Doctor House"

"That's ok and please call me House"

Emma sat up a  it straighter and House sat on the end of her bed just next to her feet.

"So did Flynn disappear in a cloud of smoke?" House asked with a little chuckle

"No he went to pick Mum up from the airport" Emma replied sounding a bit sad

"What's the deal with your parents, when you talk about Flynn your eyes light up but when your parents are mentioned that light dies" House asked generally curious

"Mum and Dad were never there when we were growing up, they were always away with work. We were basically raised by the nanny. On the occasions they were home they didn't care about us, they used to go out with friends and leave us home alone all night. Flynn being the eldest made sure he looked after me, kept me fed. Dad used to abuse us when mum went out, we tried telling her but she said we made it up for attention and that he loved and cared about us and would never do something like that"

Emma told House her life story with  tears rolling down her cheeks. 

She had just told house about her childhood, he hadn't said anything just sat there with a kind of sadness in his eyes.

House leaned forward and gently rubbed his thumb over her cheek to wipe away some of her tears, he moved back after she slightly flinched.

"I know what it's like, my father used to abuse me" House spoke softly as he rolled up his shirt sleeve to show a small burn mark just below his elbow.

"He was drunk and burnt me with a cigarette, I was crying because he had hit me, he burnt me whilst telling me to shut up and be a big boy" a tiny tear escaped the corner of house's eye and he tried to blink it away without Emma noticing.

She moved forward slightly so she was closer to House, he took a breath in.

"Parents can be screwed up but that's what makes kids stronger, yeah I've had my weaknesses and I'm sure you've had yours but that's what made us who we are" She replied with a small.

House smiled too, a smile that showed his dimples.

"Oh my god, you smiled. I thought your face was paralyzed"

Emma laughed out whilst looking at a slightly confused House.

"well I've never had anyone say that to me before, I'll have to remember that one" he smiled once again, he was starting to like Emma.