1

"When Aliyah's life seems to be crumbling right in front of her eyes, Kentrell is right behind her picking up the pieces

"When Aliyah's life seems to be crumbling right in front of her eyes, Kentrell is right behind her picking up the pieces."

A L I Y A H
Queen

The ride to the hospital was quiet and excruciating.

"I only had one job as her parent...one." I cracked as Kentrell sat quietly.

"Stop." He tells me.

"I was supposed to protect her and I didn't even do that."

"Stop doing that." He told me firmly. I stayed quiet until we got to the hospital. He cuts off the car and looks at me.

"You wanna get married?" I looked at him quickly.

"W-what?"

"Do...you wanna...get married?"

"Um, like now?"

"Yeah."

"If you feel like you got to, then—"

"Ion 'feel' like I gotta do shit. I'm just asking."

"I don't know." I shrug, answering truthfully.

"Aight. You ready?" He asked, looking back at the hospital.

"No, but let's go." I open my door and get out, waiting for him to do the same. We walk in side by side, and he reaches over to interlace our fingers together. There was a lady waiting in the front lobby that was waiting on us. We got on the elevator with her and an officer and looked at each other as it went down.

He rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb as we stepped out of the elevator. The chill in the air dropped my heart. It made me realize that it was real.

With no words, they opened the door and stepped in. I squeezed his hand as we stepped towards the metal table with a white sheet hanging off the sides. An examiner was already in the room. With gloves hands, she pulled the sheet back.

Kentrell almost immediately turned around and covered his face. I heard him taking shallow breaths as I stared. I started at the small, round dark marks on her arms and legs. Like somebody burned her with a cigarette. I reached out and touched the burns. She had a scratch across her nose.

She was fatter, like they fed her all day. Her hair was shorter, but nobody would be able to tell but me. I wanted to scream that this wasn't my baby, but I brushed it off. I didn't wanna seem indenial.

Let me tell you something, seeing your baby with a tag on her toe is the worst feeling ever.

"How did she die?"

"Based on external injuries and how she looks, I'm thinking blunt force trauma to the head." The tears started to fall as I rubbed where her small mole was before she got burnt.

"Was she in pain?"

"Most likely not. And don't worry...those burns happened post mortem." I nodded, feeling that Kentrell wasn't next to me anymore. She covered the body back up with the sheet.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered to the air. I turned around to see Kentrell staring back with red eyes. I walked over to him.

"I'm sorry." He wrapped his arms around me.

"We gone get through this." He whispered.

I tried to listen, but I felt like I was shutting down. You know when they say a piece of you leaves when stuff like this happens? Well...she wasn't just a piece of me.

I let her down.

___________________________

Imma tell y'all what A, B, and C meant eventually

B won tho.

I was tempted to wait to drop this buttttttt 🤷🏾‍♀️

Fwm on 75 votes & a decent amount of comments and imma hit y'all w another update. The updates gone b based on y'all now

Comment & Vote 💚