4

A L I Y A H
Queen

"Yooo, What the move is?" I ask Rod as I grabbed a bag of chips out of the kitchen cabinet.

"Shit. Unless you tryna get in the streets." He tells me.

"Shid." I shrug. "I'm just tryna get out this house."

"You ain't getting in them damn streets."

"Nigga, shut up. This the most attention you done gave me all day. I don't know who the fuck got your attention in that phone, but tell them I said hey." I mug him and he mugged me back.

"Ain't nobody got my attention."

"Except whoever got you over there 'akikiking'." I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being so dramatic." He told me, still staring at the phone. I get up and go in the bedroom, looking for my favorite pair of fuzzy slides.

I sighed when I realized they weren't in the closet, but maybe under the bed. I bit my lip, getting down and reaching under the bed when I see them. I grab them and pull my arm back. I looked up to see a familiar pink stuffed elephant.

Grabbing it, I pull it close to me then sat up. I looked at the thing with tears in my eyes. Kd gave this to Arianna some time after we met. I clutched it to myself, taking a deep breath. It reminded me of how much I missed them.

"Aight, we gone meet you there." I heard Kentrell say as the door shut. "Mane, you steady talm bout you ready—" I looked up at him, letting a tear fall. He said nothing as he got on the floor beside me and wrapped an arm around me. I closed my eyes and put my head on his shoulder.
*

A phone ringing woke me up out my sleep. I took it out of Kentrell's hand and answered it.

"Hello?" All I heard were three beeps. I tried to put my finger print into the phone and it didn't unlock. I put in his birthday twice—it didn't take it.

"The fuck?" I grab his hand slowly and put his thumb on the button. When it unlocked, I went to his messages cause he clearly got some shit to hide. I went to the thread with the number that just called.

So from what I read, apparently Jania is alive and out of jail on probation. She keep trying to text Kentrell to hook up and he finally said yeah, AND gave her some address. I sent the screenshot of the address to myself and deleted the message and the picture. I locked the phone and put it back in his lap as he squirmed, faking sleep.

"Wake up." He told me, tapping me. I lifted my head up, looking at him.

"You want some' to eat?" I nodded. He stood up and helped me up. "Whatchu want?"

"Some wings." I said the first thing that came to mind. He nodded and grabbed his keys as I sat on the bed.

"I'll be back." He says, going out the bedroom door. As soon as I heard the front door shut, I grabbed my keys, slipped on my shoes, and grabbed a pocket knife off my dresser. He wanna cheat on me? Bet. I waited a little bit before going out and getting in my car.

I put the address in my GPS and it brought me to an abandoned house on the north side. My cousins lived on the block, so I parked my car at their house as I waited for somebody to pull up.