Chapter ten

"What has gotten you so cheerful?" Vanessa asked with a confused look at the big smile on Everly's face. She sat herself in Everly's couch, before giving her the cappuccino she had bought for her.

"Oh, no reason" She said shyly covering her face with her hands. "It's just such a beautiful day, don't you think?"

"Bullshit" She laughed. "Come on, spill the beans" She replied curiously

She looked at V hesitantly. She didn't want the thing that was going on between Xander and her to be the only thing Vanessa would be talking about for the rest of the year.

"Xander kissed me a couple days ago" She muttered out silently. "I kissed him back"

"WHAT!" V yelled out completely perplexed.

"You heard me"

"Everly Mills I didn't think you had it in you. I mean I suspected you had a thing for carrot head but— I mean what the hell!" She squealed. "Wasn't it you that wanted to be all professional. You being his therapist and all!"

"About that... I'm not his therapist anymore"

"What— since when?"

"Since he kissed me" She smiled happily.

"I'm so happy for you, Ev" Vanessa breathed out embracing her in a huge hug.

"I don't know, I feel like it's too good to be true though. He's a gentleman, kind, a little shy. He's almost too perfect"

"Hey, this is not the time to analyze too much. Put yourself out of your therapist "spidey-senses" and put yourself into the nineteen year old mind set you're supposed to have. You deserve this, you deserve to feel like a teenager ones in awhile. I know how much pressure that's always been put on you"

Everly knew she was right. Ever since she was little she had been expected to behave like an adult. Her parents never gave her space to just be a kid. And, whenever she had a thing with a guy she always over analyzed things. It had gotten worse after she studied psychology. She thought that every guy that liked her really didn't. That they only pretended to.

"You should invite him to the party at my college tonight. It will let yourself a little lose and make yourself relax a little"

"What if he says no?" She sighed.

"He won't, trust me" She answered sincerely.

She nodded slightly, before she took up her phone. Finding his number in her contacts as she took her phone up to her ear.

"Hi there" She said with a smile as he picked up the call. Vanessa sat there quietly, watching in anticipation.

"Hey, Everly" he said with something that sounded like slight happiness in his voice.

"I want to invite you to this party tonight, but if it's still out of your comfort sone I totally understand" She said quickly.

"No, no, of course I can co-come" He said with a slight chuckle. "What time?"

"What is he saying?" Vanessa mouthed.

"Shh"

"Meet me at St. Ignatius college at eight, I can text you the address, ok?" Everly answered.

"No need, I actually went to college there"

"No way, so did I" She replied with a big smile, so huge that it probably could be heard through the phone.