Chapter 2

Markus Manfred, 12:00p.m, Cyberlife High.

Markus grabbed a box of milk, a bowl of diced fruits (kiwis, bananas, grapes and apples), and a packet of candies. Connor had insisted he grabbed it so he doesn't dose off during French again, because he would be munching on the candies.

He walked over to their usual table, where Connor was eating a chicken sandwich with the see-through water bottle filled orange juice. Kara was enjoying her Mac and cheese she had brought from home and a water bottle with apple juice. "Am I really the only person without something from home?" Markus asked playfully, making the two laugh.

"Yeah. Or not Ralph has to go through the process of washing your forgotten water bottle." Kara answered, making Markus roll his eyes playfully before eating a mouthful of his fruits. "Why do you always just eat that, M?" Connor asked, making Markus shrug, as he swallowed the spoonful.

As he was about to enter a second one, Cornelius, Simon and Luther came over, each with their own containers and trays. "Can we sit with you lot? The rest... Don't really seem welcoming." Simon asked, his eyes holding warmth. "Sure. We don't really mind, you three seem lost." Connor spoke up, a small smile graced his soft features.

"Thank you. What are your names, we didn't really catch them, other than most people saying you three are really popular." The three blushed softly at Cornelius's statement. "We're not really 'popular', as they might say, we're just way too nice, I guess." Kara said, chuckling. The three boys sat in front of them, Luther in front of Kara, Cornelius in front of Connor and Simon in front of Markus.

"Okay. Well you didn't really answer our question, you know?" Simon said, chuckling before he took a bite of his grilled cheese sandwich.

"Well, I'm Markus Manfred, this is Connor Anderson and this is Kara. Kara doesn't really have a last name, since she lost her parents when she was small and was taken in by her uncle, Todd." Markus explained in a quiet voice,  making the three new kids realise that this is private information.

It also warmed their hearts knowing thar the three kids in front of them trust them so much to tell them this. "Nice." Luther said, before digging into his ham sandwich. Kara smiled brightly, before they all ate
and chatted absentmindedly.

The bell rang a few minutes after they finished their meal, so the six friends separated,  the popular kids to the library and the new kids to their own classes. When they reached the library, they greeted the librarian, Mrs. Figgs,  before choosing a table near the windows. Markus took out his unfinished homework, while Kara went to get a book and Connor was already reading the Harry Potter novel that he brought with him.

"Hey, C, can you help me translate this?" Markus asked his friend, making Connor look over. Je ne tiens aucune rancœur contre mes ennemis. (I don't know if that's correct, since Google helped me 😅)

"This means 'I hold no grudge against my enemies, M." Connor explained, making Markus nod in understanding before Kara slammed the book she had picked with a huff. "K, what did that innocent book do to you, darling?" Markus asked, as he wrote down most of the translation.

"I met North, Simon's sister, and she was very polite. But when I met Gavin 'Asshole' Reed, he must be the most evil being to step in this planet." Kara said, glaring at a boy with a very mean smirk, his nose stuck in the air. "What did he say?" Markus asked, before noticing Connor was shaking.

"Connor,  are you alright?" Connor turned to him with a soft smile. "I'm okay, Markus." Connor answered, but it was obvious he was lying, since his soft brown eyes showed fear. "Tell me the truth, C." He sighed, before shaking his head. "I just don't feel that comfortable around him..." Markus patted the boy's hair.

Connor flushed red.

A/N

:)