Chapter 56 : Behind The Sun

Jack's POV

We just had to ask didn't we?

"No no not that ones! Dad said use the Italian plates" Emma yelled frustrated at the maids.

This might sound weird but everyone is actually going crazy because Rapunzel and her mother are coming over for dinner! Even dad is nervous and is trying to make everything so perfect! It's Sunday night and they should be here in 30 mins.

I am just standing there watching them running around just like home alone and we're gonna miss our plane or something.

"Are you gonna just stand there or are you gonna help me!" Emma snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at her and rolled my eyes.

"Yes Miss, how could I help you?" I said sarcastically. She walked to me narrowing her eyes.

"Look you either be useful here or stop using the oxygen in the room" She lectured me. I scoffed. Who does she think she is! "I am Emma Frost!" I blinked when she said that "Don't give me that face, I can read your mind even when I am sleeping!"

"Why are bullying me?" I exclaimed trying to act hurt. She folded her arms and was about to say something till...

"Oh my! No Madilyn not like that!" She then ran to her.

I heard footsteps on the staircase and I found dad coming down and am I seeing things now or does he look so handsome..uhmmm maybe more handsome than usual.

"So how's everything?" He asked looking as he stood beside me.

"Okay, things are not UNDER control, where did you put them?" Emma exclaimed.

"That was one of the worst pick up lines I've heard" I rolled my eyes as she pouted.

"I doubt you even understood it" She sticked out her tongue at me.

"Alright enough kids" Dad said smiling. He has been acting like a real father for quit a while now which is completely weird but nice at the same time. He's acting just like his old self before that day.

"What time is it now?" Dad asked. I checked my watch.

"It's 7:45" I replied.

"They could be here any minute, is everything ready?" Dad asked. He looks confident but I know him. He is nervous and I wonder why.

"No, I assure you that they'll be here exactly at 8 like they said" I smirked. Dad furrowed his eyes.

"Listen to the boy, this family seriously have something with time, they are very precise" Emma smirked in a sassy way "so, I've never seen Rapunzel's mother, how is she like?" Emma asked. Dad turned to her and smiled.

"Well I only saw her once but she was....interesting" Dad replied.

"Was she pretty?" Emma smirked. If I was drinking then I would have spilled all of it. Dad blinked and cleared his throat "I bet she looks just like Rapunzel!" She exclaimed excitingly.

"Well yeah for a woman her age, she is attractive" I smirked to Emma "Right dad?" I looked at him.

"Yeah well....she is" He replied nervously.

"Oh dear, excuse me but I need to check on the last touches" Emma walked away to the maids lecturing them.

"I am gonna inherit my company to her, she'll be a strong boss" Dad joked.

"Tell me about it" I replied "so why did you invite them over?" I asked. I was kinda confused when he suggested that at the gala, I mean Rapunzel already comes to my house and he knows her so why?