8

LEO HAD KEPT HIS HEAD DOWN over the next three days

       LEO HAD KEPT HIS HEAD DOWN over the next three days. The only people he really spoke to at the Ministry were Lydia, Veslin, and outside of work— was Mona. Primarily because once word started to get around that he was getting called as a witness against his own sister. People either respected him for that, or thought he was just going to throw his sister under the bus for some brownie points from the Ministry.

"Whats this?" Lydia announced, as she walked back to her desk with a box from storage that Scrimgeour wanted her to go through. "Leo Black actually staying late to do his own work?"

He scoffed, glancing back up at her. "Believe it or not, I had to do this stuff all the time when I was in Scrimgeours shoes."

She nodded a bit, "Ahh," she began. "I forgot you came here after leaving a cozy office job."

He smirked, "I prefer the nitty-gritty I guess." he stated, "Not that I've been able to do much of that lately." he mumbled looking across the desks as Lydia as she sat down. "So how long does he usually keep people desked?" he questioned, glancing towards Scrimgeour's office door.

Lydia shrugged, "It's different all the time, but with the stunt you pulled, I wouldn't imagine you'd be back in the field too soon."

The sigh that Leo let out was a long one filled with irritation, "Great," he paused, suddenly a bit to irritated to stay any longer. "I think I'll head home now." he finished as he pushed back from his desk.

Lydia simply nodded and looked down at the box in front of her. But Leo could see the corners of her mouth tugging up into a smirk.

"What?"

"Nothing." she replied simply with a shrug.

Leo rose a brow, "That definitely doesn't sound like nothing."

"Is it that girl you were talking to Veslin about on Tuesday?" she questioned, looking up at him. Her smirk still on her face. "I guess I can't really see you being the sort to settle down. Ever."

Leo rolled his eyes a little bit, " Are you interested in my love life now or something."

Lydia chuckled, "So is that a yes?"

"Actually it's a no, unless you consider my loyalty to the Leaky Cauldron a love life."

Lydia scoffed, "Whatever you say, Black."

      For a brief moment, Leo waited for hers to say something else before saying hid goodbye. Then he turned and swiftly made his way out of the department. He couldn't help but picture the simplicity of things in America, sure he had his fair share of things that he had to deal with that he thought were miserable— but none of it compared to this. Being the talking of the department; perhaps even the entire ministry because he was the one to arrest his sister. And now he could be the deciding factor that could get her sent to Azkaban.