21

APPERATING TO THE BURROW definitely wasn't the greatest part of Sirius' escape plan

APPERATING TO THE BURROW definitely wasn't the greatest part of Sirius' escape plan. The ground where the three of them landed was soft, and practically every footstep they took pooled with water and the mud stuck to their feet. However, the Burrow was the first and really the only option Sirius could come up with. Without saying it in front of the death eaters that Lydia called Maude Marth, giving up where they were going would defeat the entire purpose of even going there to find Lydia.

"Could have been worse." Sirius stated as Leo walked with Lydia through the mud. However she was more than irritated, not for being out of the manor, but the fact that it was Sirius Black who had been arguably the biggest reason all three of them had made it out.

"Are you going to explain him?" Lydia questioned Leo, "Seem's you had quite the secret to keep."

Leo sighed, "Like I said, long story..." he sighed, "besides that, maybe after Molly works some magic on you. You look like you've been through hell and back a few times."

"Feels like it too..." Lydia replied as Sirius hurried ahead of the two of them to begin knocking on the Weasley's door. "But you trust him?" she added, quietly in hopes that Sirius wouldn't hear her.

"Yeah, I do."

       As Leo spoke, Sirius stood impatiently outside of the Burrow. Leo was relieved, it hadn't entirely sunk in what had happened or who had been only moment's away from arriving. Voldemort himself, in whatever state he was in, had only been moments away. But in a odd way, Voldemort still seemed like a nightmare, not something that was real. Despite knowing that he was trying to return, despite being hushed by the Ministry about it...it seemed almost like something that would just pass over. He could barely remember what was really going on last time Voldemort was in power. He had been eleven when the Potter's died. He hadn't been old enough to really understand the gravity of it all. But Sirius, he hadn't said much of anything besides reminding them it could have been worse. And he hadn't just been talking about the landing, but what happened at Riddle Manor. It could have been worse. If Voldemort had gotten there before they left, things could have gone differently. Sirius had seen first hand what Voldemort and his followers were capable of when they were fighting for Voldemort himself and not just his mission.

       Before Leo and Lydia could make it all the way to where Sirius stood, impatiently waiting for someone from inside to open the door— the door flew open. And instead of Arthur or Molly Weasley standing on the other side, ready to invite Sirius inside. Mona stood there instead, her wand already drawn and pressed against Sirius' chest.

"Mona! Mona, wait!" Leo exclaimed loudly, lifting Lydia's arm over his head so she was using his shoulders to stay on her feet. He glanced at Lydia momentarily, making sure she was steady enough on her own before hurrying the rest of the way to the door.