12

THE DAY THAT LEO HAD BEEN dreading most, had finally come

THE DAY THAT LEO HAD BEEN dreading most, had finally come. It made him forget, momentarily, about everything else. Riddle Manor, the Dark Mark, everything. The day of Elladora's trial came early, causing him to be awake long before he even had to be at the ministry. Before the sun even began to rise. He had been up for hours pacing and he changed his shirt at least three times before he settled for a light blue shirt that he'd wear under his dark cloak.

He hadn't heard anything from anyone who would be there, he figured that was to be expected. He didn't even get a letter from his mother, pleading him to try and help Ella. Maybe she had finally realized that Leo wasn't about to do anything for Ella after she nearly killed him...but he had expected to get some sort of plea from her at the very least...

Just when the sky began to lighten as the sun began to rise, Leo made his way out of his apartment and to the red phone booth that he had been accustomed to using. He hesitated before pressing the right numbers to go to the Ministry, he hoped the trial was cancelled. It wasn't the fact that it was his sister, not really. He didn't care if she was going to be sent to Azkaban, in all honesty. What he cared about was watching his families faces' when it was his turn to speak in front of them, including Ella. And she was unpredictable already, he couldn't imagine her being any different while on trial.

"Morning, Leo,"

The corridor leading into the ministry wasn't all that busy, so he stopped in his tracks and turned to see who greeted him. It burnt some time for him, and it meant that he wouldn't be in the courtroom as soon.

"Morning, Arthur." Leo replied as Arthur Weasley caught up with him. But unlike Leo, he didn't stop walking, so Leo had to keep walking. He had hoped the two of them would just chat right there...

"You're here early," Arthur stated, "for the trial, I suppose?"

Leo nodded, "They're having me speak first," he replied, "then I'll be out of here." he said, smiling a bit, "Thankfully."

Arthur nodded a bit, "I can't imagine it's a very exciting feeling, having to testify against your sister. Bittersweet?"

"No, not really." Leo replied, "At least not because it's my sister's trial. A bit because my family will be there."

Arthur gave him a knowing look, as if he understood. "I'm sure it will go smooth, and then it'll be over with."

"I hope so," Leo stated, "in all honesty I hope it will be the last time I have to deal with my sister." he confessed, which was true. After she tried to kill him at the World Cup, he couldn't care less about what happened to her. He wanted nothing to do with her, and if his family was genuinely supporting her over him, he was happy to be done with all of them.

"We all have those family members." Arthur admitted, "Those we can do without," he added as they approached the fountain and statue in the the Ministry. "this is where I'll have to say goodbye, and good luck."