Chapter 1~ Java Jones

"I told you, it's probably a phase! You'll be out of it in a matter of a week." Jackson told me. I groan. Jackson rolls his eyes.

        "Still haven't asked your mom?" I nod.

        "She'll think I'm crazy and send me to some institute or something," I reply. Jackson shrugs.

        "Well you are crazy." I hit Jackson on the shoulder. He laughs.

        "This is serious! Stop joking around and actually help me!"

        Bet you wondering what we are talking about huh?

        Well about 4 days ago, I started drawing this symbol. It started at a random time. It just came to me. I don't know what it is, all I know is that I have been drawing it everyday and everywhere. I'm even started to draw it in my sleep! I don't know what is happening to me, I think I'm going insane.

        My best friend since middle school, Jackson Hall, was with me at the Java Jones. Jackson (Jackie :P ) is a very kind person and not to mention good looking, but I don't see it. Why? Because I've known him since he had acne and braces. He's a bit nerdy. He's more of a brother to me than a crush. He's 16 years old, he's older than me by two months.

        Me? I'm Rosalyn Cross, or Rosey for short. Yeah, I go by Rosey instead of Rosie, got a problem? Just wanted it to be spelled different. I have brown hair that goes to about mid-back, I have hazel eyes. A mixture of brown, green, and according to Jackie, gold at times. I'm pretty average looking, let's just say that. I am 15 years old. I live with my mom, not sure where my dad is. Mom never mentioned him or if he is alive or not. But I have my mom's best friend, Terry Lance, who has been a father figure to me for as long as I remember.

        Anyway, I live in New York, the Big Apple, in a pretty cheap yet nice apartment. I have a neighbor that just hides in the safety of her home. Never knew why she never comes out. It's currently summer so NO SCHOOL!!!! But I'll be away from New York in a few weeks since I'm heading to Florida to Terry's family "house" that has been in his family for years.

        Anyway!! Back to reality!!!

        "Oh just take a break from drawing that weird symbol and have some fun!  Stop worrying about it!" I roll my eyes and pick up my coffee that was just served minutes ago but didn't notice due to our chat. I look at my coffee and I could have sworn I saw  the symbol in the coffee foam. I blinked and it was gone..... I seriously need a therapist.

        "Rosey? Are you okay?" Jackson asked with a concerned look. I look at him, but still had that confused and distracted look.

        "Yeah," I said, "yeah, I'm okay. Just thought.. I saw something..." I shook my head. "My mind most be messing with me."

        I change the subject. "Hey, you know that new club that's on 5th Avenue? The Pandemonium I think that is what it is called. I want to check it out tonight since we both don't have anything to do."

        Jackson shrugs, "Sure. As long as you don't drink or anything." I gave him an "are you serious" look.

        "What! Just making sure!" I shoved Jackson with my shoulder a bit in a playful manner.

        "Jerk!" I yelled laughing. We chatted and for the first time in days, I didn't think about that symbol. I guess it is just a phase.

A/N: Okay, sooo. While I was on vacation something happened to this story. The chapters were separated from this book and I can't access them through My Works. But thankfully I had put this story on a different website so right now I'm trying to fix this.