.1

I started my day as I do usually, waking up at around four in the morning to start my chores before my sisters wake up. Feed the animals, sweep the floor, clean the toilet, tidy the house, plan upcoming events, and making breakfast for my sisters before school.

I'm used to this lifestyle, it's normal to me I've never known anything other then this. Though I'm very malnourished and bruised, I still get by. I've managed to not meet anyone that tries  to question or  befriend me.

All I've known is abuse, but I'm fine with it. As long as no one else is hurt, is what I've told myself for almost 18 years.

I usually only get food from school with the only money my family gives me. They've always told me to never love, or become close with someone because I'm not worthy of their time.

I've accepted everything and went on my merry way. I'm a victim of bullying but, I don't mind I've sort of stopped feeling a lot of pain.

After I prepare breakfast, I get ready for school. I put on my school uniform and shoes,. I shoo away the cat rubbing across my legs.

"Sorry Clementine I cant play right now, maybe when I finish my after school chores?" I slightly pet her then proceed to walk to school. I started to hum a random tune; I wonder what songs there are, the only songs I've heard are the ones my sisters listen to in their rooms, but I've never actually heard a song before.

I waited outside the school gates waiting for them to open. I started to wonder if I did the homework correctly, or if I would get a good grade. Considering the fact I could only work on it for twenty minutes.

The gates opened letting me into the almost empty school. I walked into my homeroom class and sat at my usual spot. I pulled out the homework to work on it a little more. I started to doze of, and in a result I fell fast asleep. A small nudge awoke me from my sleep. 

A smile met my drowsy face once  I lifted my head shocking me.

"O-oh hello, did I fall asleep?" The one who woke me up smiled and began to laugh.

Something about him made my heart feel something I've never felt before.

"Silly you were knocked out cold! I saw your head down since class started! Did you not sleep at all last night?" He rubbed my head, me being shocked at the sudden touch I flinched. I thought he might slap me for sleeping.

"Oh sorry did I scare you?" He lifted his hand off my head.

"Y-you aren't going to hit me?" I asked shyly.

"What?! Of course not! Why would I?" He questioned.

"Well that's what everyone does. And I fell asleep, I'm not allowed to sleep, I have to much to do." I explained.

"What? Who would hit someone as innocent and adorable as you?" He smiled brightly.

"What?" I felt my heart suddenly skip.

What's this feeling?

"Anyways, lets get to class before we're late. Wait, what class are you in? Maybe we are in the same class." He smiled.

"Mathematics class 3." I said and his eyes lit up.

"Really? Mine too! We could walk together!" He smiled brighter.

I was about to say yes before my mothers words came to mind.

"Never make friends, you aren't worth their time, who would want to be friends with you? They only feel bad that you are so ugly and worthless. If you do become friends, I'll punish you." Those words echoed through my skull.