six

Dear diary,

I haven't written in a while, even though this is only my second entry. These past few days, my thoughts have been plagued with that ill minded alpha that thinks I'm to marry him. We aren't mates, he could wait and find his and be happy, but he refuses. It's ridiculous. He thinks I'm going to give in to him, give my body to someone who isn't my mate, as if my wishes to find my own mate aren't important to him. He cares about no one but himself.

I've spent the entire week basically stuck in this room with nothing to do. He refuses to let me walk the grounds or even be near him as if he's afraid of me running. At this point I knew it wasn't possible, highly trained guards took up every spot along the border patrolling. No one was getting in or out. It's not like I could or would hurt anyone, as all these wolves were bigger than me, all complete wolf- bornes excelled in every aspect from the regular wolves like me. Wolf-bornes were rare, the purest of us that could live, this pack was special as its very rare to have a majority of them in one pack. Just my 'fiancé' is a foot and a half taller than me and two times as wide as me. His shoulders are strong and muscled, his entire body worked to perfection. As the alpha, it comes naturally, which is a bit unfair.

He hasn't spoken to me since the first day I met him, even at the pack meals. He doesn't even so much as look at me. I guess I'm okay with it, I was never looking for his attention in the first place. I could live without his menace filled stare he directed at everyone, live without the shivers of fear everyone got when he walked by. He sat at the head of the table like some mighty god. I thought it was a bit much. Conceit wasn't a good look on him.

However he was undeniably good looking and if I wasn't being forced in hand with him I might have developed a crush on this god-like creature. His attitude and forceful manner squashed that the second he spoke. He was too full of himself, thinking he's a king, like his kind were superior to all other wolves. While they might be physically inclined, they were mentally insane. All power hungry, territorial, possessive and forceful beings, much more so than regular wolves, especially the men.

I'm absolutely appalled at how I'm being treated. No one cares to stop and see if I'm okay on the many occasions I've been knocked down by one of the beasts. They are so full of themselves, like anyone not their specific breed are insufficient and inferior. I've had it up to my neck with the rudeness, and I have to stop myself from letting those things slip. I could get into serious trouble, by what I've heard.

Apparently, my wonderful fiance puts people in cages or out in a dog collar in the dead of winter for stepping a toe out of line. He deprived them of food, shelter and social abilities. Bonus points if they get made fun of. From then on they're looked down upon. It's barbaric and to think of what people would think of me then.

I'm contemplating running away. It sucks here, and I want to go home. They're probably worried sick about me, grieving for me probably thinking he's killed me off already for running my mouth. It's hopeless at this point however. It's a fortress of protection and solitude in this boiler box that gets too hot during the night. I requested silk sheets and nighties because I can't stand the humidity and heat coming from the big machine.

I've been rambling, but in short; I hate it.

-Until next time

I closed the diary and took a deep breath. That was interesting to say the least. I was finding more and more similarities between our situations and I found it odd. Did it just run in the family? I don't know why someone like the man in the diary wouldn't wait for his true mate. It seemed dumb.

I stood up and put the book back, stretching my sore limbs. Doing all that work in the library made me really stiff. I wasn't really one to exercise and taking all those books from the shelves was quite hard. My stomach grumbled as I plopped back on the bed for a nap to piss away the time. I groaned and clutched my stomach, this sucks.