Chapter 4 ~ How can I say no?

Currently, I'm sitting in my car with Brooke, who's wiping my tears. I remember I have to tell her, so she won't wake up thinking I was kidnapped.

I blow out a breathe. "Brooke! You're looking for a new apartment right?" "Yes?" "You can have mine"

She laughs. "Wait, what?! What are you talking about?" "I'm going home" "How can you go home if you gave me your apartment?"

I roll my eyes. "No Brooke, I'm moving back to home. I'm flying out tomorrow." "What?! No bestie! I love you too much!" I wipe a tear I didn't know I had. "I love you too, but I have to. I thought I could handle the L.A. life, but I guess I'm not strong enough. "

"Oh honey, I'm gonna miss you! I could always fly to Ohio though!" Something about her saying that hurts my heart. "Brooke, I'm not moving to Ohio. I'm going to France"

"WHAT?!" "I'm sorry, but I need a mothers love right now" "Oh, what am I gonna do without you" "Well, don't worry, you'll have my apartment to remember me by." We laugh and I wipe away some more tears.

"I love you so much Rosie Posie!" she crys out. "I love you more Brookie Cookie"

We make a phone call, and before we fall asleep we add Brooke's name to the paperwork. That way it's still mine, so when I came back (If I ever come back) I'll have a place to stay.

I go to bed that night, tossing and turning. The same blue eyes haunting me. It's gonna pain me tomorrow, but I have to go see him. I have to say goodbye. He might have betrayed me, but he was still my best friend. With that thought in mind, I drift off to sleep.

I woke up, feeling miserable. I didn't sleep at all last night. All I could think about was the boy with that damn bird. I go to take a hot shower, and try to take my mind off the situation. After the shower I put on a pink tank top with a gray cardigan, jean short, and my white chucks.

 After the shower I put on a pink tank top with a gray cardigan, jean short, and my white chucks

I put my hair in a high ponytail, with little makeup.

I drive to his mansion. The pain is killing me and I'm so scared. I walk up his steps, the steps we sat on and had souls sessions at 3 am. I knock on his door and he opens up, his jaw drops at the sight of me. He's got very noticeable stubble, and his has bad eyebags.

"Rose, uh, hi" "Hi Logan" I say, trying not to cry. "So, uh, what are you doing here?" I got closer, and notice his once comforting smell of pine is now covered up by the smell of alcohol. I hold in a breath, not knowing how he will react to what I'm gonna say next.

"I'm here to say goodbye" "G-goodbye? Wait the hell do you mean, goodbye?" "I'm moving home, to Paris" His face drains of color "Come in" he says, and I obey. I sit on the coach that I've once laughed the hardest one. Let's hope when we see this coach, we will remember the happy laughs, not the tears coming now.

"I-I-I can't do it anymore" I manage to squeak out, the cries breaking out through each word. His big, rough hand grabs my soft, tiny ones. "What do you mean Rosemary, what can't you do" He sounds like he's about to shout down completely