#4=Thursday

As expected, you wake up alone again, clinging onto your bed sheets narrowly as the morning sunlight creeps through the blinds to wake you up

As expected, you wake up alone again, clinging onto your bed sheets narrowly as the morning sunlight creeps through the blinds to wake you up. You take a moment to recall why exactly you had this eerie, pre programmed dreaded for this day etched into your mind, but one look to the family portrait hanging on the wall next to the safe made you roll your eyes. Right, you were getting a visit, a direful visit on the most unfitting day up to date. And at closer observation of the clock, you knew you only had about an hour left to make this day bearable at least on a surface level. Internally, you were still freaking out about the concerning amount of crack in your safe.

So you languorously rise from your bed, eyes still in a morning haze as stumble through your rooms in search of your missing bra and shirt, it would be beyond awkward having to explain that to your parents. Your search is however rudely interrupted by a high pitched giggle resonating from the general area of your makeshift kitchen corner, and the near pungent scent of cigaret smoke "Good morning gorgeous, someone looks like they stood up on the wrong side of the bed. And ya might wanna put a shirt on, wouldn't want your parents to think your having some fun." Jamie coos mockingly, making you shoot him a lazy glower over the shoulder as you tip open a window to air out the smoke.

"And you look like someone that shouldn't be here, Jamison. Didn't I tell you to leave before seven? I really don't feel like having you nousince around when my relatives show up." You hiss bitterly, leaning against the kitchen counter with a short yawn escaping your lungs. "Excuse ya missy, no need to be rude. I promise I'll be on me best behaviour." He chirps with a clumsy salute, putting a weak smile on your face. "Alright, if you insist on getting bashed, but don't tell me I didn't warn you, they are notoriously posh and overprotective. And if they should ask, which they probably will, you're just a classmate who i'm doing a project with, not a friend, or anything else for that matter; understood?" You demand sharply, getting an equally dark scowl in return as he crosses his arms in front of his chest defensively. "Oh and why is that? Are ya too embarrassed to tell your kinship a have a paramour? That's kinda immature..." Rat scoffs bitterly, almost as if offended by the remark.

You sigh, turning away towards the bath, you really needed a shower to wash off all those suspicious grimey marks, together with the distinctive scent of cigarette smoke and cheap liquor. "It's not that, trust me...Let's just say they don't fancy me getting involved with bad influences. Don't take it personally, but your really not one to introduce to one's parents Rat." You mutter on your way to the door, not even awaiting the most certainly irrationally irritated answer before closing the door behind you with a brisk slam. For a moment you almost feel bad for being so austere with him, it wasn't his fault that your parents were so fastidious. But you also couldn't let them think ill of you, you respect them too much for that, you think to yourself whilst disrobing to take a quick shower.

Once done and clean you feel a lot better already, the water washing away the dirt as well as your probably validated worries, maybe this wasn't going to be that bad after all. If you just played it cool and Rat did his part of acting out the discreet student, and you knew he was a good actor; this should run don smoothly. Yeah, what's the worst that could happen? It's not like Jamie had the guts to chagrin you in front of your parents. Wrapped in a towel you scurry out of the bath, trying to sneak past the kitchen to your bedroom without getting caught off again, however your squeaking floorboards give you away pretty much instantly. "Oi, Y/N, don't just ignore me, ya can't just say something like that and just let it stand in the room. What do ya mean with bad influence?" Jamie calls after you with a disgruntled snarly, making you freeze in your tracks.