Finns small secret

A/N- Hi, so um, the last chapter was a little bit sloppy and I apoligise for that. If people are enjoying the story then I'll update quicker but so far there's no feedback so if you want quicker updates I'd love to hear from you :) 

The door closes with a faint click and I stroke the wooden surface of an old picture frame. The glass glides under my finger tips, cold and smooth as ice. A dustless trail follows my forefinger as it brushes over a man, about 20 years old, grinning like he's won the lottery. I see a younger version of my mother in the background and a cake that could only have been iced by my father. I stop at the young woman in the mans embrace. Yes, she looks slightly shaken and scared but it looks like anytime she's locked in the safe, secure environment of the mans arms, all her problems dissolve to make room for all the love. She too grins and holds a hand across her abdomen. I think that maybe this is a relative of theirs when the mans eyes catch mine. They are bright green. So green that you could be lost in a trance for hours. This can only be Finnick. Finnick Odair, he is tall, handsome and so happy but when you look at him, you can almost see the crumbling interior to the mans outer shell.

 "Oh, I see you've found our wedding photo." I jump and turn to Annie's wilting form. Her smile is gone and replaced with devastation. "I miss Finnick so much." She sighs, flopping into the squishy chair by the window, dust lifting around her, she doesn't even look fazed.

"He sounds like a great guy." I don't know why I'm talking in the present tense, Annie seems to notice too and looks at me. "Sorry, I know that he is-"

"No, I'm almost certain he can hear us. He'd be happy to know someone else senses his presence." She smiles up to the ceiling almost in a daze. That statement is the single most saddening, most emotionally tormenting and most crazy sentence I've ever heard.

"Yes." Is all I say, letting the grief this woman must feel consume me.

By the time Finn comes downstairs again I've relived Annie's meeting with Finnick in such detail that I can envision everything from the obvious to the way her hair lifted in the summer breeze. I don't know Finnick and I miss him. Finn is dressed in a baby blue button down, khaki shorts and a lazy smile. Annie stops talking as the door creaks open and Finn smiles at us both. I plaster my best grin on and thank Annie for inviting me in.

"It was no problem darling. Feel free to swing by when ever you like." Finn walks to the door and I hang back a bit.

"Thank you for speaking to me. My mother never could." The frail woman seems to come out from her shell when she looks down at me. Her shoulders pushed back and her chin went up.

"You're most welcome." Her voice gleams like a newly polished car and her eyes match its glisten.

~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~ ~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~ ~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~ ~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~

"You were so good with her." Finn murmurs, we are linked arms again. I really do enjoy his company and I am feeling the buzz of a new friendship. "Thank you." The sun goes behind a cloud and the air becomes colder. Finn shivers and the hairs on my arm stand on end.

 "It's no problem. Really, she's lovely to speak to." He gazes at me with such admiration and I smile internally, feeling his eyes burn through my temples.

"Thank you." His voice quivers slightly and he stops walking. I turn to face him and see the crystals that catch the sun glint from his eyelashes. "Thank you so much, Willow." Then I'm brought into a strong, tight, reassuring hug. No tears fall from his eyes but the sorrow is there, all of it, diffusing into my skin where it turn into strength, then it's returned back to him. When I'm released all evidence that his eyes were welling are gone and replaced with the happy green that could stop wars and cure cancer.

"I'm sorry. I-uh-I don't know what came over me." He blushes a little bit.

"It's okay..." There's a silence that settles over us, a silence that isn't awkward. A silence that means nothing needs to be said. "Shall we." I finally say, my voice small and insignificant compared to the power I felt right then. He holds out his arm and we sway down the street. I keep a tighter grip on his arm this time.

~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~ ~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~ ~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~ ~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~

"I'll just have whatever he has." I smile at the waiter.

"The usual." Finn leans back in his chair as the waiter scuttles to the back. Finn had taken me to a pretty little Italian bistro that looks out over a shimmering sea. We got in just before they started closing but made an exception just because their 'favourite customer' wanted to take and I quote 'his woman' out on a 'date'. I didn't question it, he was paying.

"So what is The Usual?" I ask, leaning back in my chair as Finn brushes dust from his shirt.

"Well, it's an Italian restaurant. We are teenagers..." I smirk and shake my head.

"Really Finn? Really?" He grins at me and shrugs his shoulders. "You dragged me to district 4 so we could eat pizza?!"

"Yes."

"I have a perfectly good pizzeria down the road!" Nevertheless I giggle and Finn blushes a little.

"I wanted somewhere we could dress up a little bit." I heave a sigh and try to contain my chuckles, unsuccessfully.

"You're too sweet Finn Odair."

"You're so embarrassing."

"I try."

"You're trying." This earns another laugh from me.

"Oh Finn. I can't wait to hunt with you."

A/N- That seemed like a nice way to end it, but if you've already noticed the first mistake Willow's made a) congratulations, I bestow upon you a beautiful, imaginary 'best observer ever' trophey, and b) shit, as they say, is about to go down. So comment, vote and all that lovely stuff and I will hopefully see you here again,

Blu:)x