Bad News

A/N- Hey, so, I've been really busy recently sorry. But, I'm back now! Yay! So this chapters a little longer than usual but I couldn't find a nice place to finish it until later on, so here it is. Enjoy.

"How does one manage to jump out of a third storey window and just happen to land on your neighbours half built trampoline?!" I squawk. Finn wipes up the last of the ice cream off his plate with his finger and licks it, his lips smacking together as his tongue retreated.

"They were really mad." He says, dragging out the ea in really. "I payed for a new one and built it but I definitely lost their last slither of respect for me that day." We share a laugh and the bill is brought to our table by the man who served us. His name tag says Maurice but he looks too young to be in the generation that called their kids Maurice.

"You ought to be careful." 'Maurice' whispers to Finn. "If you were anyone but you, I'd be having a go at your lady." He winks at me.

"She's not a prize to be won." Finn snaps, staring angrily at him.

"I'm way out of your league." I say. A smirk begins to tug on Finns lip and Maurice' lip starts to twitch in frustration. "And I'm not 'his woman' I'm not anyone's and we're not in a relationship." The waiter rolls his eyes and strides away, his cheeks a red hue.

"Guess who's not getting a tip." Finn says loudly. His angry look vanishes when he looks back at me. "Shall we go." He says softly.

"Yeah." I smile. Finn plops the required money into the dish and we walk out, waving to the owner.

~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~ ~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~ ~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~ ~(•-•)~ ~(⚯͛)~

"This is where I leave you, Willow." Finn sighs as the train slows to a stop in front of us.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow then." He nods absentmindedly, his hands in his pockets. "Bye Finn." I wrap my arms swiftly around his shoulders and give him a squeeze, before releasing him almost as quickly as I'd embraced him and jump on the train. I sit down and through the window I can see Finn blushing like crazy, staring at his arms like they withheld a magical power. It was only 20-30 minutes to district 12, so I should be home soon. As the train slides smoothly from the station, I just have time to see a glint of tanned skin waving at me through the blur of life rushing past.

The silence of the train gave me time to start to piece together the emotional part of the recent revolution. At school, we were taught about the ways the Capitol and the rebel districts fought against one another and my mothers role in it all but I was never told about what happened to my father, my aunt Johanna, Finnick and Annie. I knew my aunt Primrose was blown up by the rebels, much to my mothers distress.

According to Annie, my dad, Johanna and herself were taken by the Capitol and tortured to reveal secrets about the rebels. My dad and Annie knew nothing but Johanna was in on it the whole time. I can't help but wonder, did something slip out? Did she give away any hints? I know my aunt is not a traitor but anyone would break under the water and electricity that tortured her. No that's silly, my aunt's crazy but she's trustworthy and stubborn as hell.

Several stops clicked by until I arrive at the last stop, district 12. Compared to district 4s train station ... Ours is a dump. Peeling paint and loose floorboard nails, benches worn down in the middle where possibly thousands of people have sat. It makes me sad to see my district falling apart but it also filled me with wistfulness for a time that I didn't even live in. My grandmother and fathers time. When only the special were aloud to step foot onto the platform. Then of course after the revolution they opened it up to everyone.

My dad was waiting for me on the platform with a look in his eye that I couldn't quite decipher. He taps his foot against the scuffed wooden floor and keeps his eyes trained on me as a few people follow me off the train, wearing dull uniforms of their jobs in other districts. As I near closer, the look becomes an angry glare. I glanced quickly at my watch. 8 o'clock. In the middle of summer it shouldn't be too dark yet. I finally met my fathers grimace with a pleasant smile.

"Hi dad, I didn't think you be meeting me here." His lips twitches in reply.

"Do you know where your mother is right now?" He asks slowly, through gritted teeth. This worries me. Where is mum? What did she do? Did dad hurt her? Did she hurt herself? Is she in hospital?

"No but I can call her." I start to pull my phone from my bag.

"She's hunting." My dad spits, his pupils squeezing to pinpoints.

"Why?!" We don't let mum hunt anymore because we never know what will set her off. I do all the hunting and I bring back and provide for district 12 .... Wait .... Oh crap.

"Because you didn't bring back anything." I can see his hands ball into fists and start to shake. "Mrs Greenthaw was at my door tonight, telling me that there was nothing in the market because you hadn't brought anything back!" His voice was brinking on yelling. I didn't want him to explode here. "There was nothing! People were starving more than usual today, Willow. Some people didn't get any food because they have large families. Lives are not toys! These people don't stop when you do. They rely on you, you have a responsibility and no doubt reporters will be at our door tonight." His face had warped into a look of disappointment. There is a stinging sensation at the back of my eyes that wouldn't go away. Hesitantly, I walk across the station and out into the warm air. Without waiting for dad I sprint off across the road, across the victors village, across the meadow and into the woods. I don't stop running when my lungs burn and my knees complain. I don't stop when my dress tears on a thorny bush. I stop when I see my mother. Huddled up in between tree roots where she sits crying. I heave breaths of air that don't quench my thirst for oxygen. I watch my mum crumble in front of me. I feel numb.

"Mum?" I don't even finish the sentence before I have an arrow at my throat, my mother peering down it. Her eyes are wild. Crazed. Call it what you like, it was terrifying. "Mum?! What are you doing?!" She doesn't even register my words. The tip of the arrow is so close to my neck. The sun glints off it, taunting me. "Mother. It's me, your daughter." I can hardly keep my voice low but if I don't she'll flinch and that arrow will go straight through my neck and into the tree behind me. "You don't need to be scared, the games are over. You're not there. You're in district 12, in the woods. Your woods." Slowly but surely, she comes to her senses.

"W-Willow?" She drops her bow. "What was I doing?!" A single tear cascades down her cheek. "I'm so sorry sweetie." She turns and runs back to the house. Back to my dad. Back to Peeta. Just as she always does ... And she leaves me, alone. Again...

A/N-  I'll hopefully upload the next part ASAP but I never really have time. It's late o'clock here hence the upload and im a little sleep deprived but anything for the small amount of people that read my story, you're the best.

Blu:)x