one last time

Pair : Hongbin x you
─────────────

I trudged along the pavement at a sedate pace, my mind focused on the gentle footsteps that seemed to echo throughout the desolate street. Cheeks flushed because of the chilly weather, I tightened the coat around me.

"Hi"

I halted but continued when I realised who it was.

"Hey"

Hongbin.

No ones voice is as unique and beautiful as his.

"Mind if I walked with you?"

I shook my head and breathed in his scent which was so much more exotic; I could recognise the brand of cologne he used - one of my favourites - intermingling with the outlandish aroma of morning dew and cinnamon.

"What's up? Something wrong?"

"No, don't worry"

"But if you do, you know you can always come to me right?"

"Yeah ye-"

"Promise me?"

He held out as his pinky

"Promise"

I looked at him in his eyes as I locked my pinky with his.

There was so much love and sincerity in his eyes. He shouldn't have ever felt this kind of..betrayal?...pain?The guilt was like gasoline in my guts.

My insides died slowly in the toxicity, needing no more than a spark to set it ablaze. The fire burnt me out so badly there was nothing left but a shell, an outline of a person. As I orientated to the world again, he filled the void, bringing his perfect love to rebuild me anew.

Hongbin

I love you

I'm sorry. I know I should have said it earlier but I couldn't grasp the fact that you'd like to be with someone like me.

The way you treat me, so kind. The way you cared for me, so thoughtful. The way you helped me, so brave. You were perfect.

I knew from the very start, you were meant for someone else, someone much greater, someone that can stay with you.

I'm sorry, Hongbin

I hope you understand.

Goodbye.

I love you.