A Moon For Two

Pair : N x you
─────────────

y/n was a not so intelligent female who's mad at the world for making people lose their passion and interests in things. She's quiet about it, though.

There's not much to tell about her. She's lived a slightly depressing life under the roof of her strict, arrogant parents and ignorant siblings.

Cha Hakyeon, a humble, multi-talented man. A performer, a dancer, a charmer.

He first performed at his school during his teenage years. Courageous, I know. Sure, he was going through puberty but it didn't make him look any less.. graceful.

He clearly loved dancing. With the way he moved, it almost made y/n hear the story he was trying to tell. She couldn't figure what was behind the bright lights and torn clothes. Nevertheless, she enjoyed it. It was passionate. Exactly what she needed.

It still didn't give her the boost to go up and talk to him.

Until that fateful day, of course.

.

“Cha Hakyeon? Wait up!”, y/n called out.

Fortunately, he stopped to look back.

She wasn't suprised to see him with his eyebrows raised. Afterall, he might not remember her. They barely spoke to each other back then.

“You were great just now. I'm y/n.. from your class during high school. The one who never speaks?”, y/n asked, her lips curled up.

“Ahh.. y/n.. Hard to believe since you're the one talking now.. Heh.”, Hakyeon laughed awkwardly.

“I'm sorry, you must be tired. Oh dear god, I'm sorry for not realising sooner.”

“No,no. It's fine”, he shook his hands in denial.

‘Umm.. Can I have your phone number? I'd love to catch up. Only if you're up to that..?”

“Yeah sure. Here, ****-****.”

“See you soon.”

As soon as Hakyeon began walking to the bus stop, y/n started registering what happened.

Wait, what?

She looked at the number in her phone, in fear and confusion.

What came over me just now?

.

Message from unknown number

Hey it's me, y/n. Are you free this Sunday?

Hakyeon stared at his phone. It's been to eeks since they've seen each other. He thought she had forgotten about him. And now, obviously that wasn't the case.

Maybe I should. I need to run errands anyway. Hakyeon thought.

Sure, 12pm? I live around Maple St. Somewhere near there, perhaps?

The reply came almost instantly.

Ooh, okay. I live near there too. The cafe across the library?

Alright. See you then.

There was no reply after that until the fateful day.

.

At exactly 11:44pm, y/n entered the cafe. She knew she was early, but she wanted to prepare herself for what's about to come. Her feeling nervous is an understatement. She was sweating. Her palms are cold and the air conditioned room wasn't making it any better.