Worthiness

Title: Gray

Anime/Manga: Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Summary: Adam and Eve. The sole Devil and the sole Angel. Without the other, the world's balance shall collapse.

Or, in which Tsuna-hime calls the fact that the Devil is her soulmate for eternity bullshit.

Reborn? He's a sadist like the Devil he is. What do you think?

(They can't deny, though, they love each other dearly.)

Chapter: 3 - Worthiness

~

Tsuna stretched as she stood up, letting out a sigh of relief, for classes were over. She may be an advanced student (she's actually the top student of her year, but Tsuna's humble and modest; she wouldn't easily say that), but that didn't mean classes were complicated and tiresome, Nezu-sensei's class especially. With the limited time and material covered due to his constant boasts, she and the others had to ask the students from other classes for help. Tsuna explained to Kyoya about the situation, but he said to bear with the herbivore until he and the headmaster find another science teacher that can replace Nezu.

While Tsuna was packing up her notebooks, she saw the Idol and the Thorned Rose coming to her.

"Tsuna-chan," Kyoko said as she and Hana stood next to her desk, "are you really going to fight Mochida-senpai?"

She tilted her head. "How did you know?" She didn't tell anybody about the letter, nor show it.

Hana pointed her thumb towards Takeshi, who sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck and nervously laughed. "We asked him what happened just right after you left the room to the Disciplinary Office. We were concerned." Hana shrugged.

Tsuna smiled and grabbed her school bag. "There's no need to worry." They proceeded to go to the gym.

"He's the Kendo team's Captain, Tsuna-chan," Kyoko said.

"I know, and I'm the Disciplinary Committee Secretary. Doesn't that say anything?"

Kyoko and Hana looked at each other. "I suppose. But, Tsuna," Hana reminded, "he has more experience in sword fighting than you. Surely, this fight benefits the monkey more than you?"

"Who said that I have less experience?" Tsuna smiled mysteriously.

Their eyes widened. "What?"

She giggled. "'What' indeed. Why won't you guys go ahead? I think I dropped my bag chain along the way."

"Oh, we can help," Kyoko offered.

Tsuna shook her head. "It's fine. You guys need to find some room to watch or else the gym will be filled."

Hana, the observant girl she was, narrowed her eyes in suspicion. Not once has she seen Tsuna carry a bag chain. Did she place it inside her bag this whole time? No, that will mean the accessory wouldn't be able to fall out. Tsuna sweatdropped as her intuition whispered to her about Hana's mental deduction. In the end, Hana shrugged and nodded, knowing that Tsuna must have a real reason for staying behind and that she can trust Tsuna. "Alright. See you later, Tsuna."

"Make sure not to delay, Tsuna-chan," Kyoko teased.

Tsuna nodded. "Bye, Kyoko-san, Hana-san." When they were out of sight Tsuna asked in a low voice, "Do you have any plans to make them my Guardians, Reborn?" Her smile couldn't hide the steel tone in her voice, not from him anyway.

The hitman appeared from inside a tree trunk. He was sitting on a leather chair with a coffee cup in hand. "No, I've already picked out your Guardians. Although," he drawled, "most likely they will find themselves stuck in the affairs of Cosa Nostra." He threw the empty paper cup above Tsuna in a large arc and into the trash can that was not-so-nearby with deadly accuracy.