Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

My day started early as promised. The appreciation I had for the building Gwen rented out vanished and was replaced with a bitter resentment. However, I couldn't help but feel also a touch of pride because this super cool place belonged to my best friend and she was killing it. She had her very own office which she was eager to show me, by dragging me by the hand through the front door all the way upstairs. It even had a pin code protecting its access. It was all so professional and grown up and honestly, it was a little intimidating.

Gwen playfully used her body to block the code as she pressed the numbers and ushered me inside. She waltzed her way across the floor, wearing this yellow bow on top of her head, vibrating in excitement and you had no idea how that sight made me relieved. She was still the same old quirky girl, she just knew exactly what she wanted to do with her life and grabbed it by the horns earlier than anticipated.

As if noticing my panic she dropped a huge stack of papers on the desk and primly sat in her office chair and gestured for me to take a seat.

"I'm so happy for you Gwen," I blurted out.

"Yeah?" she asked, eyes widening a touch. "You really mean that?"

"Yeah, one hundred percent," I confirmed, looking down and shaking my head. "Dude, I'm so proud. Look at this place. Just look at it. I know I didn't say yesterday, but it's so pretty and exciting. Look at this room, Gwen! These spinny chairs, rolling around, not squeaking, it's brand new! Look at this leather. And you're glowing. Your eyes rival diamonds. Help me stop this sappiness. I will continue unless stopped. Even you're hair is poofier!"

"Emma," she laughed out, touching her hair with gently. "I love you too."

"Am I your first meeting?"

"Yup," she chirped.

"We'are adulting. Can you believe it?"

"I'm adulting," she corrected. "You're agreeing to go undercover for three months."

My lips quirked. "Under your direction."

Gwen shrugged. "Emma, a wiser person would've said no."

"I'm feeling so attacked right now." We shared a grin at the concept. She slid the stack of papers across the table to my waiting hand. "This is a standard form for our face to face clients. The ones that will take part in our events."

I nodded along, taking a deep breath and flipped the form open. It was more like a questionnaire. There was at least fifteen pages, forms to sign, terms and conditions and as she said standard information. I scribbled down my name, age and wore a stupid smile at the 'interested in...' and the blank space next to it. Then it came to the harder questions like my preferences, single dates or double dates, indoor or outdoor activities, top or bottom, the big spoon or little spoon. It was endless.