Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

Personally, I felt like holding grudges were like letting someone live rent-free in your head.

But, they could also be fun and freeing if done right.

They generally required little dedication. More often than not, the wronged person won't retaliate. But grudges against someone close to you? That was a whole other ball game and who no more of an invested person in my generally messy life than Vivian Black?

She had an exceptional memory, making life so much easier for herself and those around her; like remembering birthdays, anniversaries, recalling what it was that maybe I looked at in a shop with a little too much longing to be considered just a curious glance, and fetching it at her earliest convenience as a gift, with an all too knowing twinkle in her eye.

That meant when I did something to get under her skin?

It meant war.

A brewing of endless strategies to take me down, even if that included not taking the kill straight away and waiting for the perfect moment to strike like a true predator. Because my girl was smart and knew that it was the sum total of battles that truly won the war. Her patience was something to be admired and scared of, especially when you were the target of her wrath.

Depriving her of that chicken lunch seemed like a good idea at the time, showing us both a little insight on how things could be that summer. Now, walking alongside her to the Camp Black building, the sense of retribution stirring inside behind her eyes made me walk that little bit faster than her.

A cold and calculating stare bore ahead, ignoring me entirely. I only knew this because my paranoid made me glance over my shoulder much more than I should've.

However, there was another reason I kept gawking at her.

Something was different.

Something I couldn't exactly pinpoint.

All I knew was, it was good.

"Perhaps if you slowed down you could continue your gawking and...panting uninterrupted?" Vivian offered sound advice. What a bitch. When I didn't respond but did glance back another time, she rolled her eyes. "Emma, you'll trip over yourself. Keep your eyes forward, good girl."

"I'll walk the way I want and at whatever speed suits my body."

"Evidently."

"It's not my fault that you're a slowpoke, Vivian."

"She said breathlessly," she muttered slowly.

"Oh that? That's all you, bae."

"Call me that again, I dare you."

"My apologies. My ex-bae."

"I'd rather you lying down, chest burning to breathe beneath me, to be honest."

icon lock

Show your support for Rebecca Sullivan, and continue reading this story

by Rebecca Sullivan
@Troplet
Emma and Vivian spend their summer at a new camp to help out a friend...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 15 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @Troplet.