Chapter Four

[Word Count: 654]

So, you're a mutant. That sounds crazy, you've been perfectly normal all your life. Sure you trained as an agent of SHIELD before getting the honor of joining the Avengers team and coming to know every member personally. But you've still thought of yourself as pretty normal. And then one day everything changed, and now you're leaving.

You're going to this place called Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, which daylights as a school, though it's also a place where mutants from all over gather and grow and learn to control their powers safely.
Tony told you about this place, and everyone seemed to agree that this was something you needed to at least try, so you packed your bags and said your goodbyes. Tony gave you a very special suit to wear under your clothes and a pair of white gloves he made just for you as a going away present, both are insulated on the inside with something you can't pronounce and they keep you from freezing everything you touch and affecting the temperature around you. In other words, they help to control your powers. "Thank God for Tony Stark." You whispered to yourself in the back of the taxi as you admired the gloves he'd created just for you.

.
.
.

The taxi stopped outside the gates of this old looking mansion and you opened the door and got out, you went to the back of the cab and pulled out your bags then watched as it drove away, not having to bother about paying the cabbie since Tony paid for the whole trip, what a generous soul.

You opened the gates and walked up to the front door, mustering all your courage you reached out to knock, but before you could, it opened.

An attractive young man wearing glasses appeared holding it open, "Are you y/n?" He asked. "I'm Hank McCoy."

You blinked, at a complete loss for words, you hadn't even knocked yet. How did he know you were outside? The man glanced down at your bags then back up at you, "Let me take those for you."

"Um, thank you." You said, thankful your breath wasn't misting, he bent down and took your bags and walked back inside. You followed him and asked, "Uh... how did you know I was here? I hadn't knocked yet."

Hank smiled at you, "Professor Xavier." he said simply.

"Okay.." You said, Maybe this professor guy looked out the window and saw me? You thought, but then you remembered Tony saying something about him being telepathic.

"This her?" A gruff voice asked and you turned to see a man standing on a staircase with hair that had points on each side, like wolf ears, and a chin covered with stubble. He was also pretty attractive is a rough sort of way.

"Professor Xavier?" You asked, causing both men to laugh.

Hank shook his head, "No, Y/N, this is Logan."

"Oh... hello." You said, embarrassed. What a fool! You thought.

"Hi." The gruff man, Logan, said.

"It's nice to meet you." You said politely.

"Yeah." He said, though you didn't believe his response was as sincere. You could tell he wasn't much of a talker.

"Well, you should probably take her to meet the professor." Hank said, you could tell he was holding back a grin, and Logan nodded, "Yeah."

Hank headed up the stairs with your bags.

"Um, where are you going?" You asked after him.

"I'm just taking these to your room." He said.

"Oh." It had only just sunk in that you'd have a room here... because this is your home now, for the time being anyway. You already missed the Tower... the Avengers, but Logan told you to follow him and so you did, you'd have time to be sad about leaving later. Right now you were going to meet the man that was supposed to help you.