1

CHAPTER ONE

  MACKENZIE walked the halls of Eastvalley High, pushing through anyone or anything that was in her way, whilst tugging at her tiny school skirt that she absolutely hated wearing. "Hey Kenzie-boo! Could I borrow, like, 20 bucks? I swear I'll pay you back as soon as I get my allowance!" Someone asks, in a thick Chicago accent.

  Mackenzie jumped at the girls voice, rolling her eyes and grabbing her wallet to give her money. "Sure, Lina. You still haven't payed me back from the last time I 'loaned' you a hundred bucks." She bitterly said, sashaying away. Lina had yelled something that Mackenzie ignored and walked out of the school doors and got into her car, letting out a breath that she didn't know that she was holding in.

  She utterly despised the individuals at her school, she hated that they all worshiped her just because her family had money. The only "friends" that Mackenzie could make always wanted something from her. In most cases, it would always be money. She wished she was a normal teenager, at a normal school, living a normal life. That sound's crazy, she thought. "Who wouldn't want to be rich? Why don't I love being in the spotlight?"

She shook off her thoughts and stuck her keys in the ignition, and plugged her phone into the aux cord. She scrolled for a while before deciding to play a spotify playlist that she had made, named as 'there is no escape, we're stuck in this place' and pressed shuffle as she drove.

••

  Mackenzie climbed up the mountain, stumbling here and there, but for the most part she was fine, as she came up there almost everyday. No one knew about it, it was a small mountain that nobody bothered to hike; she liked to called it her 'escape place.'

  She reached into her pocket, and pulled out a pack of cigarettes, lighting one of the cancer sticks with a lighter she had stole from her addicted stepmother. She lightly coughed as she took a puff, staring off into the distance as she leaned against the pole of the rest stop.

  "What're you doing up here, Ziegler?"

  Mackenzie jumps at the sound of another person, dropping her cigarette which then burns a hole in her pants. "Shit," She mumbled, brushing off the ashes. She sat and thought for a minute before answering the girl's query. "I guess I could say the same to you, Rumfallo."

The blonde scooted a little closer to Mackenzie as she examined her purse. She soons realized that Mackenzie was lighting yet another cigarette, smoking her worries away as she stared at the city. "You know, those things are horrible for you." She stated, smirking. Mackenzie's eyes darted over to her as she clenched her open hand into a fist.

"I'm just kidding, Mackenzie. Mind bumming me one?" She said, and Mackenzie expression immediately softened, lighting her a cigarette and passing it on. They sat in silence for a while, the only noise you could hear was the occasional wind blowing the tree branches around them.

"Come over, tomorrow at 7. 1134 East Pepper Circle. It's only gonna be me and a few other people.,We're all just gonna sit on my roof and get high while we stargaze." Mackenzie was taken back by her sudden offer, but for some odd reason she shook her head, mumbling a quick 'okay.'

"Great. Well I gotta go, but I'll text you later. Don't forget, I want you to come be the newest member of the broken hearts club."

••
a/n
ok this has alot of dialogue and i lowkey hate it but gO oFf i gUeSs😗😋