6

CHAPTER SIX, ABOUT A WEEK LATER.

ASHTON didn't end up forgetting to snapchat Mackenzie, and they had ended up making Halloween plans; Mackenzie was going to go to his house straight after school, and she, Ashton, and some of Ashtons new friends were gonna go snatch some candy. Luckily, Mackenzie had already had her costume prepared so she didn't need to worry about making it.

As it reached the end of the day, Mackenzie headed to the spot under the bleachers that Ashton had told her to meet him at after school, and patiently waited for him to arrive. After around five minutes, Mackenzie was startled when he quietly went behind her and quickly covered her eyes, whispering in her ear, "Guess who?"

She giggled and put her finger on her chin, "Hmm, I don't know, maybe Ashton?" She joked and turned around to hug him. Ashton slyly grabbed her hand and she felt butterflies in her stomach as her face turned a bright shade of red.

"Someones blushing!" He teased her, pinching her cheek with his spare hand. She smiled and shook her head, and Ashton began leading her to his car. He opened the door for her, and then let himself into the car.

Shortly after a very short car ride, they were at his house. They waited in silence before his other friends had arrived, the doorbell scared Mackenzie as she jumped and grabbed her chest, "That scared the fuck out of me."

Ashton laughed and opened the door to reveal 5 people by the names of Austin, Devenity, Dylan, Brynn and Johnny. Mackenzies eyes went blurry when she saw the couple walking into the living room where she sat, hand in hand. She tried her best to ignore them but she could hear the blonde girl calling her name.

"Mackenzie! I missed you boo, what happened?"

She pretended not to hear her but eventually she finally turned around, but "H-Hi." Is all she could spit out. Brynn let go of Johnny, who was standing there in shock, and ran up to Mackenzie, squeezing her tightly. Mackenzie awkwardly put her arms around her.

Ashton saw that Mackenzie was uncomfortable and nodded, "Ya'll can go change upstairs, take a left and all the rooms are open." She let out a sigh of relief and watched them go upstairs.

"Are you good Zoogler?" She chuckled at the nickname, "Actually, I think I'm good." She smiled, feeling more confident in herself. Johnny was an old crush and thats all he would ever be. Besides, Mackenzie liked Ashton now, didn't she?

"Helloooo? Earth to Kenzis!" He waved his hand in front of her face and she snapped out of her thoughts, muttering an apology as she asked him to restate. "What I was saying was, we're gonna go to that new kids party, Joey I think his name is, for about an hour and then go snatch some candy."

She only nodded, as she saw Brynn and Johnny coming down the stairs in a couples costume, as Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky from the new movie, To All The Boys I Loved Before. Mackenzie gagged a little and grabbed her backpack, "I'm gonna go change."

••
AUTHORS NOTE!
party next chapter okurrt