↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 ✗

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

"I THINK. . . THAT WE should allow our. . . magnificent, glorious dinosaurs, to be taken out by the volcano-"

hush whispers and muttering fills the air, causing him to turn around to glance at those who were sitting behind him in the court house. one of the men sitting in front of a long curved table along with others, clears his throat; "silence, please."

once the chatter died down, the man with grey hair and a grey beard with black rimmed glasses over his eyes moves his mouth by the microphone in front of him, continuing on; "As deeply sad as that would be. We altered the course of natural history. This is a correction."

The same man from earlier speaks once more; "Are you suggesting the almighty is taking matters in his own hands?"

Ian Malcolm places an elbow the table, resting his jaw in the palm of his hand as he continues; "Senator, with all due respect, God's not. . . part of the equation." He moves his chin off of his hand, clasping his hands together in front of him on the wooden desk. "What I mean it that, in the last century, we amassed a landmark technological power. And we've consistently proven ourselves incapable of handling that power. 80 years ago, who could've predicted nuclear proliferation? but then, there it was. And now, we've got genetic power. So. . . how long is it gonna take for that to spread around the globe and, whats gonna be done with it? It aint gonna stop with the de-extinction of the dinosaurs."

The senator furrows his grey bushy eyebrows, confusion lacing his features; "I'm not sure I know what you're talking about."

A tired small sigh escapes Dr. Malcolm's lips, yet he goes on explaining, using hand gestures for more visual. "I'm talking about. . . man-made, cataclysmic, change."

"What kind of change?"

"Change is like death. You don't know what it looks like until you're standing at the gates."

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

don't be a silent reader
vote , comment , share

unedited