@produtta27 | Prompt 1 • Jul '18

The Haunted Lighthouse 

by produtta27 [published on 13-07-2018, word count: 1891] 

Stuart and Jill were the best of friends. From watching cartoons to hanging out with each other, they did everything with each other. They both trusted each other just like they used to trust their parents. The bond between them was so strong that both of them knew what were each others weaknesses . Stuart was fifteen and Jill sixteen, but the age never mattered. They knew each other since childhood,and the memories they shared is unexplainable. Both of them were equally good at academics,sports as well as art. Their main interests were playing soccer, playing the guitar , adventures and of course ghosts !

It was Friday, thirteenth August, and Jill had asked Stuart to meet him in the school basketball court as soon as possible in the morning when they met for around a minute near the entry gate. Stuart felt a little weird because he knew that if Jill had to say anything to him, he would call him right then and speak rather than waiting to meet in school the next morning. While Stuart was running down the stairs to meet Jill just when the bell rang, he saw him already standing there and waiting for him. As he got closer to him, he saw that Jill had a big smile on his face. Stuart asked, 'What's the matter, Jilly? '

Jill replied, 'We are going to go to the haunted lighthouse tomorrow!'

'What!?', said Stuart, ' Why this sudden urge to go to the lighthouse, Jilly? '

Jill said, 'Why are you acting so weird? That is our dream Stuart, don't you get it? And, tomorrow finally we're going to fulfill our dreams together! '

'My mom will never allow ' said Stuart, 'And perhaps, we need to take some preparation before going to the lighthouse, or else you never know we might be in trouble.'

'Say the truth Stuart, Are you scared? Because I have never seen you acting so weird while talking about ghosts' said Jill, when Stuart said, 'No, not at all! Okay then, fine! I will go with you tomorrow night to the lighthouse in the darkness! Happy? '

'That's the spirit! I'm proud of you. ', said Jill.

Though Stuart had agreed to go with Jill to the lighthouse, he wasn't feeling good, a flow of tension was on his mind. He thought that this was not the best thing to do. Moreover, if Jill and Stuart had to go to the haunted lighthouse, they had to lie to their parents as or else they would never allow them to go anywhere!

Both of them thought that it would be best to say that they were going to stay at their friend Ralph's house, who stayed around an hour away from Toronto, where Jill and Stuart lived. And so they did. While Jill started taking the last moment preparations and packing his bag, his mother peeped into his room and asked, 'So, now where are you and Stuart planning to go? '

Jill replied, 'Ralph's house mom, it's his birthday tomorrow and he has invited us to his house to celebrate it. So we will leave the house around at three in the evening. We'll be back soon! Okay, momma? '

'Sure dear! Go on! '

'Thank you, momma! I love you! ' said Jill.

The Next Day

It was eleven in the morning when Jill called up Stuart on the cell phone. Stuart picked the call. 'So, are you excited? ', asked Jill. 'Um, yeah sort of, it's just that it doesn't feel really nice you see Jilly. I don't think that lying to our parents wasn't a good idea, they should know where we are because if we fall in trouble they will blame themselves for stuff! And I'm not really looking forward to that.'