Chapter 7: Blue Blood

The scene of the broadcast was complete chaos. Investigators were everywhere, analysing each part of the crime scene. A part of you was worried all the evidence would already be gone. You turned to Connor, his stony expression set on his face as it usually was. You tried to follow his lead, but you couldn't focus on what the investigator was saying with him standing beside you; Not to mention with this pain from your shoulder. It had taken a lot of convincing, but you managed to get out of the hospital at least for today. The wound was healing up nicely, but it would take many weeks yet before the stitches could come out. You didn't want to just stay out of this investigation. You refused to sit back again and let others do the work for you. As much as your shoulder hurt, you didn't want to get in the way of this by showing how much it pained you. You touched it lightly to check the bandage underneath your shirt and winced. You felt a cold hand slip into yours. You glanced up at Connor; his brows furrowed and his LED turning amber. You smiled reassuringly, your way of saying 'I'm fine.' After a moment, obviously him analyzing your face, his brows relaxed and his LED returned to blue. 

You weren't officially a 'couple' with Connor, but ever since that moment you had had with him in the hospital room, you had undeniably grown closer. It was just little things. Sometimes Connor would touch your hand, or he would bring you coffee and leave it on your desk. There were other times when he would touch your hair or your cheek. He never showed it in front of anyone though, except for you. Connor was conflicted in his emotions and you could understand why. If anyone found out that you were both interested in each other in such a way, you weren't sure what would happen or how they would react. An android and a human together... 

You felt Connor's hand brush your own, and you pulled yourself back to the present moment. Apparently a group of four androids broke into the building. They managed to sneak far enough through that they reached the broadcast room. There were two employees and three androids working there. They took the humans hostage and broadcast their message live. They made their getaway from the roof, most likely with parachutes. You listened to the investigator, writing down the most important points. Those facts were clear enough, but how on earth did they make it so far into the building? You didn't get the chance to put the points together however, when you were interrupted. 

"Oh Lieutenant, this is Special Agent Perkins from the FBI," The police investigator gestured to a man in a dark coat who was standing in the broadcast room. When Perkins turned, you felt a sense of recognition. You had seen his face before, perhaps on TV or from the newspaper. "Lieutenant Anderson is in charge of investigating for the Detroit Police," The police investigator added.

Perkins eyed you up and down, glanced at Connor and then settled his glare on Lieutenant Anderson. "What's that?" He scoffed, tilting his head towards Connor. You moved closer to Connor, your hand brushing his slightly.

"My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by Cyberlife."

"Androids investigating androids huh?" Perkins smirked, "You sure you want an android hanging around? After everything that happened..." You wished you could rip that smirk off his face. Perkins continued, "The FBI will take over the investigation... you'll soon be off the case."

"Pleasure meeting you. Have a nice day." The Lieutenant mumbled, making a move to leave. You quickly followed his lead, still glaring daggers at the special agent.

"Little bird," Perkins called to you. "Don't break your wings before you can really fly."

What did he mean by that? You decided to ignore it. "Fucking prick," Hank mumbled nearby. Instead you focused your gaze on the broadcast. Connor watched it again, and you could tell he was carefully analyzing it. You decided to go about and question the others who had already been investigating the scene, and see what other hints you could find that might lead to the deviants.