Epilogue: 3 Years Later

DETROIT BECOME HUMAN - 3 YEARS LATER

---

If someone had told you how much your life would change in only three years, you wouldn't have believed them.

You had envisioned yourself in the future, the image of a perfect Cyberlife employee, creating androids and assisting in their functioning.

How wrong you were.

You didn't expect that you would get a job position at the Detroit City Police Department. You didn't expect that you would meet a police android. You didn't expect that you would fall in love.

Yet you did. And that love that was never supposed to be, a love between a human and an android, changed everything.

---

"[F/N]... [F/N]?"

You gasped awake, sitting up so quickly from your desk that you bumped your head on the shelf above it. You groaned slightly, gingerly touching the area you hit. You heard a high pitched giggle beside you.

"Good morning [F/N]!" Jade beamed at you. "You fell asleep at your desk again."

You gazed at Jade for a long moment. Although as an android, she couldn't 'age up', she looked a lot more mature now. The synthetic skin that showed on the left side of her scalp only added to her unique beauty. The rest of her hair was parted in gorgeous golden waves down her right shoulder. Her green eyes stood out as usual, seeming to glow slightly in the dim light. As she walked over to part the curtains, you also noticed how she was wearing her usual uniform, a plain white nurse dress.

"Chloe will be here soon too," You squinted from the bright light outside as Jade continued. "I checked over our schedule, and our first appointment is at 10:30AM."

You stood up from your chair, and a blanket that had been wrapped around your shoulders fell to the floor. You picked it up.

"You didn't have to do that Jade..." You smiled, gesturing to the blanket.

"I didn't," She replied, "Connor did."

"Connor did...?" You felt your lips turn into a smile, gazing down at the blanket in your hands. Jade giggled. "Your face is all red!"

You paced around the room, thinking about Connor. You had been 'officially' married for two years now, yet it still felt like yesterday when you thought about it. You could easily recall the moment when you wore your white wedding dress holding a bouquet of flowers in your hands. When you met Connor's gaze, it was as if the rest of the world faded away.

"Where is Connor?" You asked, turning to face Jade as she plonked herself into a cushiony chair in  the corner of the room, scrolling through the latest articles in the digital report.

"At the station," Jade replied, not looking up from her device. "He was here this morning, but you were sleeping, and he didn't want to wake you."

"Aw, he should've woken me up." You pouted slightly as you straightened the bed in the room.

What had previously been the front room to Hank's house, had now been converted to a medical office fit for androids. One side of the room had a few chairs, a bed in the middle, and a desk for you to sit at. The other side had a storage compartment filled with android limbs, biocomponents and tanks of spare thirium. It was like a doctors office and a mechanic combined into one.

After you had made your full recovery since the battle with the soldiers, you and Connor were unsure of where to go. Even combined, you had very little money, not enough to find a place to rent. Hank had offered to allow you both to stay at his house, refusing to accept anything you wanted to give him in return. His only request was that someone should take Sumo for walks, and Connor was happy to oblige.