The Plan (Zhen Wen)

I can feel his eyes on my back as we walk along the footpath leading to the bus stop. After Zhen Wu... kissed me before he went to practice, I decided to just play the 'I'm ignoring you because you did that' to simply teach him a lesson. He can't just do that whenever and wherever he wants. I'm already shocked as it is because I never thought he would do that, given his ideal-student-and-rule-is-number-one appearance. Once again I am reminded: don't judge a book by its cover.

On the other hand, I am. Over. The. Moon. We... kissed. (!!)

Look at me contradicting myself. See, this is dangerous. I know if one of us doesn't hold ourselves back... I don't know what will happen. I can't even imagine. It's either him or me, and it seems that he can't, so...

Well, maybe I did imagine it a little bit. I mean... who wouldn't have thoughts of... being together with the one you love?

But I don't want to rush things. I like the way things are now and I don't want to make it weirder. We might appear to show a lot of physical affection, but that's just how Zhen Wu is, really. Without me realizing, he puts his arms on my shoulder, or rests his hand on my back, or pats my head, ruffles my hair, touches my cheek, and takes my hand while we're walking...

We need to hold ourselves back.

Besides, it's quite entertaining to tease Zhen Wu, to see him slowly loses his composure because he's frustrated. But then again, he can't do anything about it because he can't express himself well. So he just becomes a walking frustrated gloom, wanting to say something but can't seem to find the right time. Let's see how long I can push his button. He is going to be so mad when he finds out, but that's what I want: for him to be able to tell me what's on his mind because most of the times I can't quite grasp how he processes things.

"Tsk." I turn around abruptly to look at him. "What do you want?" I say while putting on my best 'annoyed' face. He has been walking behind me this whole time that I can even feel him overthinking on my back.

He is surprised, obviously didn't expect me to turn around. "N-nothing," he blurts out. I roll my eyes and continue walking ahead of him.

I want to laugh right then and there, but let's just continue.

We finally arrive at the bus stop and the bench is empty. There are a couple other people waiting, but they chose not to sit. I deliberately let out a loud sigh, indicating that I am annoyed having to sit beside him while waiting for the bus. After that sigh, he slows down his pace, unsure if he should sit down. After I lay my bum on the bench, he carefully takes a seat beside me. Everything happened silently.

He clears his throat. I steal a glance at him. He's looking at me, but I shift my gaze to the direction the bus will come.

"Are you... mad at me?" he says quietly.

I give it a few moments before I answer him no.

He wants to say something else, but refrains himself. We just sit there for the remaining time until the bus comes.

The journey home, as I expected, was silent. I didn't say anything, and so did he. Perhaps he didn't dare to. Perhaps he's creating all these dialogues inside his head of what he's going to say when we get home, and what I'm going to say. I'm just picturing what face he would make when he finds out this is a prank.

He opens the gate and front door for us as usual, and I'm walking silently behind him. Mom is in the kitchen, saying something about the almost-finished dinner and we head upstairs.

Just before I enter my room, Zhen Wu pulls me back to face him.

"What?" I say, harsher than I intended because I was actually taken aback to be suddenly pulled like that. His hand still clasps mine, and he's putting on unnecessary force that I'm beginning to feel my blood slowly stop flowing.