CHAPTER TWO

Nick pondered on what he had seen yesterday. He couldn't believe his eyes-in which he didn't. It was a figment of his imagination, but it was surreal. Everything around him had a sense of feel other than reality. When his fingertips laid themselves on his jeans; the jeans were no longer jeans. They were a silk texture-

"Hey, Nick!" Cordae, again, another member of the group, called. Nick was ambushed from his thoughts as he stood from the bed, brushing off his black and blue 'Foe Foe' jersey.

"I'm coming, bro! Hold on!" Nick answers as he grabs his pink MCM backpack, stuffing his phones essentials and such into the bag.

Today they were going to their producer's apartment, Hoodzone Productions, as he would call it. He had a song written and ready to be mixed, called 'Automatic.'

Jogging carefully downstairs, he walked out the front door and into the Camry that was parked, waiting for him outside. Once he was in, they sped off to the apartment complexes that resided on the east of Los Angeles.

Just as everyone finished recording their songs, Nick seen Jay and Zion talking to Darryl. They all were whispering as if they're hiding something no ome needed to know about. Just when Nick hops from the booth, they all walked into the room, closing the door behind them.

Nick frowned, feeling left out the loop was a understanding. He looked down at Cordae and Manny, seeing they were interested in their phones to even be bothered.

Feeling curious, he walked to the room's door, knocking quietly, but sheepishly. He made another round of knocks before the door creeked open, revealing Zion.

"Come in," Zion grabbing Nicks' shoulder, causing him to stumble in. His eyes widened at the scenery before him. It looked as if it was a candy shop, but an adulterous one it was. The smell of the room was addicting, like a fruity scent was lingering.

The neon lights were lining the ceiling as different colors of the spectrum were give a synthwave vibe. Synthetic palm trees resides in each of the corners of the room, the walls were a fiesty pink, and lining the bottom was a sun setting over the ocean. To Nick, this room was nostalgic, reminding him of the 80's wave. To top the scenery off, synthwave/retrowave music was playing softly in the background.

There were shopping carts boarding the wall, which consisted of blunt wraps, pipes, vapes, flavored vaping oil, chewing tobacco products, cigarettes, X-Rated magazines, different types of marijuana, adult candy, etc. All of it was a boy's dream come true. Nick was speechless, he didn't know what to say. Not any words were to try to invade his vocals.

Everyone stared at him, only to see his reaction. Nick returned the stare as everyone gazed at eachother.

Nick finally muster up his question, "All the times we've been here-I'm just now seeing this? What is this?"

"What's it to you?" Zion asks as Jay nods his head. Darryl leans against the wall with his arms crossed, looking at the three of them.

"I don't know, but this room is hot!" Nick complimented as Darryl hyped, dapping him up.

"See Darryl, I told you he was cool with it," Jay chuckles, "ayy, Jay; you still want the high?"

"Yeah, man. Let me get it," Jay says as he handed Darryl the money for the exchange of five four pound bags of the cannabis.