A Second Chance

Bruce
"Ok get them hooked up now!" I yell at Tony, Steve, Thor, and Stephen gesturing to Loki and Peter. There was a mad scramble around the lab.

I push out everyone else who isn't helping no matter what their protests are. "Make sure that they get an IV in. I'm going to set up the operation table and draw some blood."

"Bruce shouldn't we put them to sleep first?" Stephen asks while he carefully puts an IV into Lokis arm. "Since their both passed out it should be ok especially considering how much blood they've lost I don't think they'll wake up. Besides even if we gave them the medicine the IV would wash it out of their system."

"Stephen you were a doctor right?" I ask him just to make sure. "Yes."

"Can you do an analysis on Loki and see what is wrong and also draw some blood while I do the same to Peter." Before he can answer yes or no I walk over to Peter holding a clip board and some supplies for drawing blood.

"I can get his blood Bruce," Tony says taking my shaking fingers away from the needle. I was getting stressed out.

I examine Peter's body and take notes of all I see. I walk over to Stephen and seeing that he is done taking notes I grab the clipboard from him.

"Ok, Thor and Stephen you need to take Loki into the emergency area immediately and prep him for surgery. He is going to need surgery on his knee, also  tomorrow we have to give him and Peter the IV in the cabinet that's labeled ANTI- TOXIN, I put it together this morning and it should wash out the magic thats affecting there DNA."

"Why not give it to them now?" Thor asks clearly worried about not helping Loki enough. "We have to wait until there in a stable condition." Without another word Stephen took Loki away and started preping him.

I then turn to the couple. "Ok Peter has multiple wounds and bruises all over his body he will need to be taken in the operation room, there I will stitch him and clean him up. His pupils also are very dialated, so we will have to slowly day by day let him back into the light."

I didn't even finish all I had to say before rushing Peter out of his fathers care and into the operation room.

Steve
We waited there for a long while, not being allowed in the operating room. Tony called for all nurses to assist Bruce and Stephen, I think it was mostly as a distraction so he wouldn't have to keep staring at the heart monitor.

"Why does this always happen to us?" he says as he sits down tiredly, from pacing. "Why does what alwasy happen, babe?" I ask as he leans into my shoulder. "Why does our family finally start something good then something always has to get in the way of it... like Toxin and Toomes."

"It's just our life, we are heros we have to live with the bad stuff so other people don't have to." I say giving him a kiss.

After about one hour went by Loki got taken out of the operation room and moved into the recovery chamber where his brother already was waiting.

There was a long beep with a series of louds commotion in Peters room. Then there was small beeps again. "Steve..." I look down to see that he's watching inside the room on his smart watch thingy.

I watch along with him anxiously as I hear the long beep again. We stare at the screen desperate for the doctors and nurses to keep going, the do. We watch for three long gruesome minutes before the detector gets a beat again.

Soon afterward Bruce comes out. "He is finally stable we will have 24/7 watch on him incase something goes wrong or he gets unstable. I would advise you two to go get some sleep after we take him to the recovery room.

Seeing as it was almost 9:00am I knew that Tony would want to stay with Peter, but he would also be exhausted like I was right now. Bruce rolled out Peter and put him in a room next to Loki. He starts to hook up Peter as I call Nat to come downstairs.

"What do ya need Steve?" I walk over to her and try to get out of ear shot from Tony. "I need you to watch over Peter while me and Tony get some sleep." She glances at me and then at Tony who looks determined to stay awake. "Good luck getting out of here," she says before walking over and sitting besides Peters bed.

I walk over and crouch next to Tony, "Hey, sweetheart we should go get some sleep."

"No." It was quick and simple, no. "Tony it's really not a good idea to try and stay up, we've already pulled an all nighter. We really should go to bed." He wasn't having any of it. "If you want me upstairs your going to have to do more then that," he glared.

I knew he meant nothing by it he was just blind with the worry of losing our son when he wasn't there. I knew what was at stake as well, but it would be better if Peter could wake up to a healthy Dad and Pops instead of both of us looking like zombies. "Suit yourself." I say as I stand up.

I then grab him by his chest and lift him up. "N- No! STEVE!" He yells and kicks, but I don't let go, he needs his sleep. I slowly start trudging towards the elevator. When I try to get him through the door he sticks his feet out and kicks away from the elevator. "Put...me...DOWN!" He yells as I flip him over so I'm holding him by his legs.

He tries to drag his hands on the floor and evidently fails. "Co-come on!" he says between breaths as he watches the elevator door close.

I only flip him over again so the blood doesn't rush to his head, but I don't take the chance of setting him down. Once we get up stairs I don't put him down until we are in our room and I lock the door. "Jerk," he says as he sits on the bed. "I'm not going to bed," he pouts. "Yes you are." I say as I go into the bathroom to change into more comfortable clothes. "No I'm not," he says as I lay down in the bed. "Fine," I pull him down and grab him so that he will sleep.

After about five minutes in that position he falls asleep with me right behind him.